20 Questions

Sunday, May 01, 2005 | 0 Comments

I got this game off Chickens Don't Have Armpits. It is a project in artificial intelligence. Using the game of twenty questions this program is learning about the way people think about things. Supposedly it will get better at guessing what you are thinking by playing the game with a variety of different people. I think it's a cool idea, and it is a fun game.

I beat the machine. I was thinking of "garage". It did eventually come up with the right answer but it was 7 questions over.

5 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger evilsciencechick said...

it got "peppercorn" in 20. damn.

May 01, 2005 10:49 AM

Blogger sideshow bob said...

It was unable to determine the location of WMD in 20 or fewer questions.

May 01, 2005 12:15 PM

Blogger SierraBella said...

It got me at 20!
Vampire was my object.

May 01, 2005 1:10 PM

Blogger The Doc said...

I tried four things, just to see what kinds of things the program could guess.

Aluminum foil - couldn't guess.
Power lines - couldn't guess.
Gryphon - did get it, but after 30 questions.
A "marital aid" - got it on exactly 20 questions.

So, it couldn't get mundane items, but could get fantasy creatures and sex toys. Just supports the stereotype of most internet users...

May 01, 2005 10:43 PM

Blogger Shannon said...

I love this game, but I haven't played it in a while. I actually have a link to it on my blog under "timewaster."

May 02, 2005 11:05 AM

0 comments:

About