We Have Our Winner!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 | 0 Comments



Awe, we barely even got started laying the clues! That sucks! I had just started strategorizing (teehee! I still laugh at that). OhReally Factor has won the game of "Blog Guess Who". Uh, we weren't expecting someone to figure it out so fast, so this is the best prize we could come up with on such short notice:
The Supa Sleuth Badge. I personally think that she is a professional stalker. I mean, what gave us away? SideShow Bob thinks it was the fact that he had me down as one of his interests. SideShow! That's way too obvious! Anyway, congratulations OhReally, you caught us! Now I'll tell you how it got started.

My dad several years ago had his identity stolen off the internet. I have been very cautious of the personal information that I give out on the web ever since. So when I started blogging, not really knowing what to expect, I decided that it would be best if I didn't drag my family into it. When I got SideShow Bob hooked on blogging, we decided to continue to keep on the down-low since our styles and interests can be very different. We didn't want to interfere with each others blogs, in other words. Then as we established ourselves as separate entities, we decided that instead of just announcing it, we would lay out clues to see who would be the first blogger to figure it out. Well the jig is up, because we've been found out by a very clever girl.

Now I need to go de-bug my house and car. Where did you put them ORF?
Oh, and for those of you who still haven't figured out what the hell I'm rambling on about- there probably was no hope for you in figuring out that I am the Hot Wife of SideShow Bob. But, Scooby and Friends, don't get back in that van yet, because there is one more mystery to be solved: which blogger is our kid? Dun,dun,dah!

17 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger evilsciencechick said...

there were clues? there was a contest? you who what now?

I AM SO CONFUSED AND SO LATE TO THE PARTY!!!!

*sniff sniff*

OK, Sideshow Bob is your husband. You are his hot wife. There is a kid with a blog? That is too much.

I think I need to lie down.

Oh....I am lying down.

May 03, 2005 8:24 PM

Blogger sideshow bob said...

Speaking of stalkers...who are you? Do you have as many personalities as blogs?

May 03, 2005 8:46 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Uh, duh. I did tell you I was crazy. You knew what you were getting into.
And stop it, you'll confuse ESC even more. I'm rooting for her to win round two.

May 03, 2005 9:08 PM

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

oh shit. there really is a kid that blogs???? the pressure's on.

a hint??? PLEASE???

May 03, 2005 10:00 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Ok, here's your hint. This blogger has visited at least one of our (mine or SSB) blogs.
Oh, and don't worry about editing yourself on our blogs- we parent progressively.

May 03, 2005 10:13 PM

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

well gee...THAT narrows it down.

oh...editing myself? shit, I didn't even think about it!

oh shit, I said shit!

I said it again!

May 03, 2005 10:49 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Awe, that's so flattering! OK, for you I will give you another clue: male.

May 03, 2005 11:05 PM

Blogger Shannon said...

I give up....am I your child? ;)

May 03, 2005 11:07 PM

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

ha! I think i might know!!!!

but....I dont wanna spoil it...or embarass myself if I'm wrong.

email me your email? promise I won't stalk you! well...not TOO much. just a little. on weekends.

May 04, 2005 7:15 AM

Blogger Tayster said...

I thought sideshow bob was flirting with me. Now, I'm confused and picking up mixed messages.

I think the 1eared man (Beo) is your son.

May 04, 2005 7:25 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Tayster, Oh, that's a very good guess, but I'm afraid that is not the answer. That was actually the blogger that I thought would be closest to him.

May 04, 2005 8:39 AM

Blogger Sask 1 said...

well i missed that.Your kid has a blog too interesting.
Well i can tell everyone its not me im too young to be your kid.LOL
Now i have to go and check everyone out.
June

May 04, 2005 9:55 AM

Blogger ORF said...

Wait, are you guys telling me you had NO idea that SSBob and Sylvana were hitched? Really? I thought it was so obvious! Seriously, there are like five people in Wisconsin*, so the likelihood that two of them are blogging and AREN'T related somehow is slim.

I pretty much figured it out right away, but just assumed you both had your reasons for not really acknowledging it and I DEFINITELY didn't know it was a contest. HAH!!

Now, as for a child...I never picked up on any hints of parentage, so I am intrigued by this. There is now a sixth person in the Dairy State.

May 04, 2005 10:09 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

OhReally, I thought the map pinning might have given us away, but apparently not.
You're right, we did have reasons, but eventually I figured I was probably being my paranoid self (my dad was in Vietnam War and raised us to never trust anyone. Well that and the internet identity theft kind of left me leary). I'm glad to have been outed so quickly. Now I can post about all the silly crap we talk about, because SSB is hilarious!

May 04, 2005 12:35 PM

Blogger ORF said...

I realized I didn't make a point about my little (*) in my last post. Here it is:
*I know Wisconsin has loads more than five people. I am from NC and when I moved to NYC, one of the first people I met was from MAdison, WI and she and I bonded (and remain friends) over the fact that everyone acted astonished that either of us had running water and electricity. She got picked on about cows a lot too, but I got the Jesse Helms look of shame and I think that makes my end of the stick officially shorter.

I know SS Bob's real name now too, actually since my email application ratted him out. But do not worry, I have no plans to steal anyone's identity!!!

May 04, 2005 1:20 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

It was a secret contest. We couldn't let anyone know or the clues would be too obvious. Besides, how would you go about announcing such a contest without giving the whole thing away in the process? We were just very curious as to how fast people could put two and two together; how much would it take before people would say, "Hey..."

May 04, 2005 6:19 PM

Blogger sideshow bob said...

Yes, Shannon, I am your father. How else would I know about the fortune cookies? How else would I know?!?

May 04, 2005 11:36 PM

0 comments:

About