Friday the 13th

Saturday, May 14, 2005 | 0 Comments

Last night I got a migraine. I took my new medicine for it, and my migraine flipped it the bird and laughed. So, I couldn't study for the final final that I had this morning at 7:45am, yeah, that's 7:45AM! I also had a little diffculty getting myself ready. SSB was very good and called the doctors right away to try and get me an appointment ASAP. 10:15 they say. Sooner he says. 8:30 they say. RIGHT NOW!! he says. 8:10 they say. He asks me what I want to do. I told him that I'd have to talk to the professor. So he helps get me ready and drives me to the university. By the time that I got to the classroom, I was mostly functional if not totally feeling better, so I just decide to go ahead and take the damn final- migraine and all. I actually think that I did fairly well. I didn't double check my answers like I normally do (I make a lot of stupid mistakes on tests, I usually triple check) because it was hard enough to get through one time. I hand in the test, leave the room and call SSB.
"Wow, that was quick! You're done already?" he asks.
"Yeah, come pick me up," I say. Then, after I hang up I think, maybe that was too fast. Did I forget a page? Did I leave a whole page of the test blank? It could happen. I've done it before when I have taken tests while sick. I start to worry, then I think- well why should I? There's nothing I can do about it now. And I graduate tomorrow regardless. Now to go home and throw up.
SSB gets on the phone as soon as we get home and sets me up with an hour long massage at the local spa. Ah! He's so good to me! You should all be jealous. The massage was fantastic! I felt so much better.
We then went out to get the food and misc. for the shindig tomorrow (or is it a hootenanny?). I also got some flowers for the garden that most likely will not make it in the ground before the BBQ. Oh, well. At least I tried and we'll probably all end up in the house anyway since the rain is still in the forecast for tomorrow. DAMN RAIN!

It's all done. No more school work for a very long time. Now all I have to do is go get my diploma. My parents will be there. My best friend from my childhood will be there (CJ-known her for the last 25 years). My best friend from adulthood (SSB- known him for the last 15) will be there and my son will be there. I especially want my son to be there. My family has not had a graduate from a four year college before and I'd like to make sure that he sees that he can do it, too. Break the cycle and all.

My parents said they are very proud of me. A lot of other people might take that for granted, but compliments like that don't come often or easy from my family. It was very nice to hear. Especially since they pretended not to know I was going to school until sometime last year. How could they not hear me talk about college for three years?! Anyway, that's my family. The whole psych department is just dying to meet them. I really should charge admission to this thing.

11 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger evilsciencechick said...

yay!!!donedonedonedone!!!!

and the BBQ will be excellent, even if it rains! just turn it into one big wet t-shit contest!

ummm...maybe not.

but awwwww...how sweet is SSB? I AM jealous! My sweetie never gets ME a massage! Pft! All I get are excuses about how he's "saving money" for some "big exciting purchase" that I will be finding out about "real soon"....

May 14, 2005 9:55 AM

Blogger Shannon said...

CONGRATS! You worked hard and you certainly deserve not only an hour long massage (bravo to SSB), but a wonderful bbq w/ friends and family, laughter and good food.

Time to get ready for my boyfriends graduation ;)

May 14, 2005 1:55 PM

Blogger Lisa said...

Congratulations on your graduation!! Wooo hoooo! Now for the time being you can rest up and look after your hurting head. I do hope you're feeling better today. Good luck on your final result. (June sent me :) )

May 14, 2005 4:52 PM

Blogger Lyvvie said...

I hope your head feels better.
I hope the rain hold off for you too.
I'm sure the test was fine.


Enjoy your successes!

May 15, 2005 3:40 AM

Comment deleted

This post has been removed by a blog administrator.

May 15, 2005 12:34 PM

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

hooray! comment spam!

wait, that's not good...bastards!

booooooooo!

(hope your BBQ went OK, Sylvana!)

May 15, 2005 3:48 PM

Blogger sideshow bob said...

Shucks...
shannon: lack of punctuation or active social life?

May 15, 2005 10:05 PM

Blogger Sask 1 said...

Sorry you had a migraine.Im sure your exam went good though.You've worked so hard i'm sure you had no problem with the answers that why it went so fast.
June

May 16, 2005 10:43 AM

Blogger Weary Hag said...

Ohhh sorry to learn you get migraines too. BUT, snaps to you for getting that degree! Excellent job finishing up ... I'm sure you're quite relieved and you family is very proud. Hope you had a kick ass weekend!

May 16, 2005 12:39 PM

Blogger SierraBella said...

Congrats!
And how did everything go, partywise?

May 16, 2005 1:22 PM

Blogger ORF said...

Snaps to SSB for being such an awesome guy! Glad you're:
-done with school
-feeling better
-married to such a sweetheart.

May 16, 2005 1:45 PM

0 comments:

About