In our town we have a compost site where citizens can go dump their yard waste and pick up loads of finished compost for their gardens. I love this service in our town because we don't have to pay to get rid of our yard waste and it has kept my gardening costs down immensely.

I was there last week getting a truck-full of compost to add to my garden beds. As I was shoveling, this guy in business casual, complete with tie, stepped out of his car (some sporty sedan) with a head set on and his cell phone strapped to his belt. He began pacing the compost site talking business to somebody on the other end, really loudly I might add. He didn't even seem to notice or care that he was walking through the muddy leftovers of rotting vegetation.

6 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger evilsciencechick said...

and there you were with no camera.

huh!

very weird.

May 26, 2005 8:22 PM

Blogger OldRoses said...

We have a recycling center where we can bring recycleables and yard waste, but my town doesn't offer us any of the resulting compost. BTW, I FINALLY put a link to this blog under "Blogs I'm Reading". Sorry it took so long. Of course, if you keep blogging about your garden, I'll have to do a second one under "My Favorite Garden Blogs"!

May 26, 2005 10:06 PM

Blogger Shannon said...

Community compost is a great idea. Maybe the guy didn't realize he'd stopped at a compost site. Perhaps he was so caught up in his own biznez world that he'd thought he'd actually driven to the office and was heading for the coffee machine...?

May 27, 2005 10:20 AM

Blogger Jennifer said...

Ooh! I wish our city had community compost!

May 27, 2005 11:05 AM

Blogger Maria said...

Did you find some Japanese deteregent with an eerie likeness of you on the cover? (If this doesn't make sense, ask SSB.)

May 27, 2005 6:51 PM

Blogger Daniel Heath said...

that's beautiful.

man in suit... cell phone... compost...

the mind just boggles. I'll have to file that guy away. there's a story in there somewhere.

May 29, 2005 2:59 AM

0 comments:

About