Well I am graduating this Saturday. It's been a long time coming, so I decided to have a barbecue to celebrate. And now I hear that it is going to rain. RAIN!!! Where the hell am I going to put 20-30 people in my little house?! So now I must proceed bitching to everyone within ear shot. It's my anti-anything dance. If I bitch to enough people, and I bitch vehemently enough, it has to not do it in order to make me look foolish. It usually works. So here goes...

It's a frickin' barbecue! It's supposed to be OUTSIDE! I can't cook all that food inside! Where's everyone going to eat?! I spent the last three weekends getting my yard ready for this Saturday!! Now I have to clean and organize the house too??!! I knew I should have rented a party tent! I fertilize the lawn last week because the weather guy says that it was going to rain that night. It even started to sprinkle as I was finishing up- then it doesn't rain for THREE DAYS and we have to walk the dog every time he needs to go to the bathroom because he can't be in the yard until the fertilizer dissolves! Son-of-a-Bitch, sorryass, no good Bastard RAIN!!!!

11 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger Maria said...

Congrats to you fellow graduate! So it rains in Wisconsin too. We've been deluged with precipitation for the last month in Utah, which is rare for us. I feel your pain.

May 12, 2005 11:10 PM

Blogger The Doc said...

Cogratulations on graduating! I will eat a hotdog on Saturday in an unofficial simultaneous BBQ, in honour of your achievement.

May 12, 2005 11:50 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Hey! I'm really having hotdogs too!
And thanks. It's been a lot of hard work and I deserve a frickin' decent BBQ!

May 12, 2005 11:59 PM

Blogger pastamasta said...

Dunno what 'summer' weather is like in Wisconsin, but here it's actually been proven (by real scientists, with proper lab coats and everything, so you should believe them implicitly) that the action of getting a barbecue rack out of the shed actually causes rain. Especially at weekends.

May 13, 2005 3:34 AM

Blogger Sask 1 said...

Congrats on graduating.
Im sorry its going to rain.
You could tell everyone to wear swimsuits,put out some of those little kiddie pools to collect the rain and say its a pool party.
:)

May 13, 2005 9:02 AM

Blogger Scott said...

You should have talked to Vladamir Putin when you planned your party. He ordered the Russian Air Force to prevent rain during the WWII commemorative events in Moscow this past week.

Congratulations on your graduation!

May 13, 2005 9:22 AM

Blogger Lyvvie said...

Huzzah for the cap and gown

I hope it wont be pouring down

I simply want to say to you

Have a super BBQ

*bow*

May 13, 2005 1:35 PM

Blogger OldRoses said...

Congrats on graduating. You can send that rain my way. It's desperately needed here.

May 13, 2005 10:30 PM

Blogger ORF said...

Sylvana, Congrats on the graduation! What did you get a degree in?

Doc: hehe! You spelled "honor" funny. hehe! Crazy Canucks!

May 13, 2005 11:45 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

It's in my previous post; I have a BS in Psychology, with Honors I might add!
Still looks like rain tomorrow- DAMN IT!!

May 14, 2005 12:04 AM

Blogger KTBUG said...

I had the same stresses with my graduation. It was suppose to rain like crazy. Which it did, but just minutes after we had packed up our stuff from the BBQ. I was SO worried about where I was going to put 30 people (only 15 showed up). After all of the worrying about the rain, I had another disaster. We order a subway sandwich, you know the kind that’s 5 ft long, and the address was wrong when I ordered it online. So to make a long story short...our lunch was in a city 45 minutes away, people were leaving after waiting for an hour, and the dark clouds were moving in. It was a crazy day but everything turned out ok. I rented a church near by just incase the sky opened up and dumped buckets of water on our heads. Maybe this is a possibility for you also. It calmed my nerves just to know that I had a back up plan. Oh ya, CONGRATS! It’s so much fun to wear that well deserved cap and gown.

May 14, 2005 12:16 AM

0 comments:

About