I Don't Believe This!

Monday, May 02, 2005 | 0 Comments


I can end my search for a suitable religion, it turns out I'm right where I should be. I think that organized religion is a crock of crap, and it apparently shows.

I'm not saying that religion is bad, actually I think that it is, in it's personal form, a very good thing and spirituality is necessary to keep us healthy. However, corruption is always nipping at the heels of power. Organizing into groups to practice religion sets it on the path to corruption. A group always needs a leader, and that leader gets power. Voila! Corruption! But those are just my beliefs and we are not to be persecuted for our beliefs in this country. In fact you can tell me that my beliefs are a crock of crap too, if you want. I won't take it personally because I know that not everyone needs to have the same beliefs, and what works for one does not necessarily do it for the next person.

Paganism- yeah I've been called a tree-huggin hippie-chick before. I do feel more at ease in nature, I have a membership at our local wholefoods store, and I am even a pesco/pollo vegetarian. I have considered becoming a Wiccan. I even cast spells a couple of times (and they worked!), but I'm just too lazy for all those damn rituals! And just as I figured, I'd be a Satanist before I'd be a Christian, and I don't even believe in Satan. Although I think that Jesus was cool and had a lot of good shit to teach, I just don't believe in the Bible as it is taught in any of the Christian religions, not wholely anyway; and I am not one to compromise when it comes to my personal beliefs. I think all the religions have something good to teach, so I take what I like and make my own beliefs- my own religion perhaps? Yes, I guess I'm really a Sylvanian. You can't join my religion, because I'm trying to keep it out of that crock.

Find out your religious compatibility!
Beware the double-barreled questions! This quiz is just for fun, so don't over-think it.

Check out this site that I got off SideShow Bob's Evil Twin site. It talks about Bishop Pat Buckley's interpretations of the teachings of Jesus and I have to say, Bishop Buckley is alright with me.


6 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger evilsciencechick said...

I scored as mostly christian, but almost half pagan.

yeah, that's about right.

May 02, 2005 11:08 PM

Blogger sideshow bob said...

I took the quiz two times, and both times I scored highest for Islam. Then someone broke down the door, threw a bag over my head, and dragged me off kicking and screaming. After several days of...we'll call it interrogation, I secured my release with a vow to worship the one true God (Jesus H. Christ) and to cover my car with yellow ribbon magnets. What a Country!

May 02, 2005 11:36 PM

Blogger pastamasta said...

Agnostic, me, although I did score worryingly high in the "Satanism" category as well. Hang on, I'll just nip off to Tesco's for a couple of black she-goats.

May 03, 2005 2:59 AM

Blogger Scott said...

How strange - I scored 75% Islam too. Must be some sort of flaw in the test :)

May 03, 2005 7:18 AM

Blogger Michael Thompson said...

Holy crap (no pun intended), I scored 96% Satanism! Next two are agnosticism and atheism. Buddhism and Paganism round out the top five.

May 03, 2005 10:04 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Ah, Tescos...I miss Tescos. They had some of the best prepackaged foods. And their deli was awesome. Loved all the Indian food. Plus a fine assortment of black she-goats.
Pastamasta, now I'll be thinking about that all day.

Michael~I'm can hear the music from The Omen. I think it's coming from you. And are you burning matches?

May 03, 2005 10:41 AM

0 comments:

About