They Say I Made A Difference

Thursday, June 30, 2005 | 0 Comments

Although many of you may have already heard the news, I thought that I would share it anyway- the budget cut that congress was considering for public broadcasting didn't go through! MoveOn.org sent me an email last Friday to let me know that I made a difference.

"In an unexpected move yesterday afternoon, the House of Representatives approved a measure to restore $100 million of funding for NPR, PBS and local public stations. Republican leaders were proposing to slash $200 million from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, but you helped stop them."

To any of you that also decided to take action on this matter, thanks! Because now that we don't have cable, we are going to need public broadcasting more than ever!

7 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger Maria said...

Thank the Lord! What would I do without Frontline and Reading Rainbow?

June 30, 2005 1:15 AM

Blogger jac said...

Syl
You have your flowers, pretty, though it is from the wild.

June 30, 2005 3:45 AM

Blogger Lyvvie said...

Hooray! We get that on satellite! Thank you!

June 30, 2005 5:32 AM

Blogger The Doc said...

We get that on cable up here, so thanks! You helped save The Best Of The Joy Of Painting! Bob Ross is awesome. You're my hero.

June 30, 2005 3:37 PM

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

I made a difference, too!

June 30, 2005 11:10 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Maria- Educational things are almost always the first on the chopping block which is so sad.

Jac- you didn't even say they were for me in the post!

Lyvvie- thank goodness for technology, heh?

The Doc- My older brother and I used to watch that show together. It was one of the few times he wasn't punching me for something.

ESC- Yeah! We did it!! We did it!! Thanks so much!

July 01, 2005 8:02 AM

Blogger jac said...

Syl
I apologize, but plz watch my page on 3rd...it is just for you.

July 01, 2005 9:15 PM

0 comments:

About