Ghost Stories

Thursday, June 23, 2005 | 0 Comments

I have been seeing lots of ghost stories lately, and even one of my five "ever done" questions was ghost related, so I thought that I would tell a few of my own tales here.

My first encounter happened when I was three years old, so I'm not sure how much of it was my over-active, youthful imagination. It had to do with a late night potty run, a floating puppy, and lots of flying things in the basement. I didn't yell or anything. In fact I don't remember even being scared. The next morning I thought it was all a dream, until my dad asked who had gone downstairs and made such a huge mess in the basement. I wasn't going to tell. The only other witness to the events was the puppy. But don't even try to say it was me that made the mess. I was only three and many of the things that were misplaced were from shelves way out of my reach. Also, how did I manage to do all that without waking anyone up?

I had another encounter when I was about 12. I was walking home from my grandmothers' and I passed by an old house that many people had bought and tried to fix up, but they had all given up and resold it. I had actually walked past there before while they were doing the work on the house. Things always seemed to go wrong for the construction crews. Wood would warp; whole panes of glass would shatter as they brought them up to the house; equipment would fail to work. I actually saw one of the windows shatter as the crew brought it up to the house. They didn't even so much as trip- it just shattered. Well, this day that I was walking past the house, there was no crew. The house had been boarded up and abandoned once again. I remember my mom telling me that when we first moved to town, they looked at that house to buy since it was so cheap. She didn't like the feel of the house and some of the floors on the second level were rotted to the point that you would fall right through. Not necessarily a fabulous place to try and raise four children. But as I looked up at the window on the second floor I saw a figure standing there. It was an old woman with her hair pulled back tightly from her face. She was dressed in black with a lace shawl pulled around her shoulders. She was standing there, scowling at me. I stopped in my tracks. She raised her hand and pointed at me, glaring at me. I turned to see if there was anyone else around. There wasn't a soul; there wasn't even a sound- dead silence. When I turned back she was gone. I felt like she was trying to warn me. It was popularly believed by others who had seen her that she was trying to keep people out of the house because it was unsafe.

This was getting a little long so I will post the other two (the best two!) I had written up either tomorrow or Sat.

11 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger Lyvvie said...

Oh, those are such cool stories!!

I can't wait for the next instalments!!

June 23, 2005 4:17 PM

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

oooo...scary!

June 23, 2005 7:41 PM

Blogger Randi said...

when i was house shopping back in january, i went looking at this one house that was up for estate sale. i brought my mom and gramma and brother, and we got out of the car and looked around. it was about 8pm and in jan it was dark. so we peaked around in the windows and then in the backyard. with my family right behind me i turned the corner to the side of the house and all of a sudden i felt really uneasy. i was very scared, worried, sad, unfortable, etc. i turned around and told my mom that i wanted to go, NOW! they didnt seem phased but i went right to the car. the neighbors had come out and scare the piss out of me when i walked up to the car. i told them we were looking around cuz i knew it was for sale, and they said that they guy that had owned the house had commited suicide the previous summer. i was shocked and asked them to repeat what they said. they said yea, he turned on the heat [it was summer then in vegas which is like 112-115 temp] and closed the windows and ephixiated (sp) himself and it was 3 days before anyone found him. i was very freaked out after that...the feeling i got was unexplainable, but i would never wish it on anyone...

June 23, 2005 10:48 PM

Blogger OldRoses said...

My previous house was haunted. I never saw the ghost. At first it kept us awake at night tramping up and down the stairs from the attic to the second floor to the first floor and back. All night. That stopped after a few months and it contented itself with hiding stuff. Drove me bonkers that things would disappear, sometimes for days and then reappear somewhere else. I searched that house top to bottom, but never figured out where the ghost hid the stuff it took. If it was something I needed immediately, like my car keys, I would demand the ghost give them back. And it would. I would find whatever it was I had asked for in another room on a table or bureau, somewhere obvious where I would see it quickly.

My present house is not haunted. I miss that ghost.

June 23, 2005 11:34 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Lyvvie and ESC- :) You'll really like the next ones!

Randi- I have a very good friend that was desperately looking for a house but couldn't find one in her price range. Finally she caught a break- so to speak. Someone in her company died of a heart attack and she made an offer before it even hit the market. Got a great deal, however- the guy died on the livingroom floor of that very house and hadn't been found for three days...in the summer time! His kids replaced the carpeting and wood flooring beneath before she moved in, of course, but her cat would stand on that very spot and howl all the time.

Old Roses- I think I have a misplacer ghost right now. They are so awful! Only after you have a complete break down and start screaming or crying does the item show up...in a place you KNOW you checked over five times!!

June 24, 2005 10:24 AM

Blogger SierraBella said...

Good story, can't wait to read the next installment!

I fully expected to get some naysayer comments on my ghost stories, and was so surprised that most people do have stories of their own!

June 24, 2005 10:47 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Sierrabella- I really liked yours. That's just crazy shit!

June 24, 2005 10:50 AM

Blogger Maria said...

My sister swears she saw a UFO while sleeping on the trampoline. It messed her up good.

June 24, 2005 11:47 AM

Blogger Jennifer said...

Ok, these are just creepy.
I have never had a ghost experience so I neither believe or disbelieve in them. The day I do have one will be the day that I do believe in them.

June 24, 2005 11:51 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Maria- I thought I saw a UFO too. Well it really was a UFO to me! It was a silver ball. Totally silent. It glided over my head in a straight line late at night while I was crossing a street to get to my car. Weird! My son saw it too.

Jennifer- wait until you hear my next stories, and then you tell me. Sierrabella's is way cool too!

June 24, 2005 1:41 PM

Blogger Tayster said...

My wife & I saw a U.F.O. once. If she wouldn't have been with me, I would've dismissed it as something else, but we both were kind of weirded out with it.

June 27, 2005 1:41 PM

0 comments:

About