We bought a tent last month with the intention of going camping sometime this summer. Our son (JD) was asking when we were going. I told him that we needed to scout out a few camp sites first. Then I said that we might go up to Franklin Lake. He asked where that was.

I said, "Oh, you've been there. That was the place you went with Grandpa." [my dad]

He says, "I don't remember that."

I said, "Oh, yeah. That's the time that you were staying with Grandpa for the week and went camping. And Grandpa and my brother got real drunk and got into that big fist fight with each other at the lake, and someone broke out Dad's windshield."

He draws back, "Oh yeah. I remember now. That was really scary."

I said, "Yeah, but did you like the campground?"

7 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger SierraBella said...

"Yeah, but did you like the campground?"
That's like "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"

June 13, 2005 1:01 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

LOL! Yeah, pretty much! :)

June 13, 2005 1:43 PM

Blogger Randi said...

thats great!

June 13, 2005 6:38 PM

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

I bet your family reunions are fun!

June 13, 2005 11:26 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Randi: heh-heh, yeah isn't it? I was desensitized in my youth.

ESC: We don'have official family reunions because not enough of us are ever getting along enough to have one. BUT, when even just a few of us get together, it usually spells T-r-o-u-b-l-e, that's with a capital T.

June 14, 2005 8:05 AM

Blogger The Doc said...

Trouble with a capital T? That rhymes with P! And that stands for...Punching?

Ah, nothing like using The Music Man for evil.

June 14, 2005 1:24 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Yeah, Doc. That sounds like our family get-togethers. Punching. It would be funny if they were set to music!

June 14, 2005 1:28 PM

0 comments:

About