Hiatus

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 | 0 Comments

I have to send my computer in for repairs and I'm not sure if I will be able to get computer access long enough to post in the meantime. They said that it should only take a week with all the mailing, sitting around waiting for a tech and then actual repairs, of course.

I'm kind of nervous about sending in the computer since I have been witness and victim to repair people holding stuff hostage. My dad sent a snow blower in for repairs in October one year. The mechanic said it would cost $80 and would take two weeks. Two months later my dad called to find out what had happened to it, considering the snow was starting to accumulate. Well, said the mechanic, it's gonna cost $350 to get his blower back. My dad tells him at that price, he might as well keep the damn thing because he'd rather spend the money on a new blower! The guy had never even told him that he was going to do extra repairs.

The last time I sent my computer in for repairs they tore all the ID stickers off the bottom then tried to put them back on, but they were just curling off by the time I got it back. AND they completely forgot two of the repairs that I had requested they do. Urrr! And that was the company that I bought the computer from! I'm actually sending the computer to a new place. It was recommended by the computer company since it is closer and most likely will be cheaper (since it is no longer under warranty).

I did buy a hard drive to back up my entire computer before sending it in. Of course, that was an ordeal in and of itself! It took me almost as much time to get the damn thing installed as it did to get the high-speed internet hooked up. The tech I inevitably had to call even seemed a little confused a few times. I swear, nothing ever seems to go smoothly for me, so when it does, I am just in awe (like last week- it was amazing! Things were running smoothly for both me and SSB so we went out to eat to celebrate). However, it is backing up my files as I write this on SSBs computer.

Tomorrow I will be shipping it out to Michigan. So everyone, cross your fingers and wish me luck. I'm going to need it!

3 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger evilsciencechick said...

good luck! I've had mixed results getting my computer fixed. some problems repaired...some not so much!

i'll miss ya while you're gone :)

June 01, 2005 11:02 PM

Blogger OldRoses said...

Good luck! I hope everything goes well for you and you get it back quickly and fully repaired to your satisfaction? Just out of curiousity (I'm in IT), what was wrong with it?

June 02, 2005 9:57 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

I have a tablet PC and the locking monitor latches got broke so the monitor does not get held in place anymore.

But since I ordered the repair the infrared cover broke off too. Geez, this computer is just falling apart on me.

June 03, 2005 7:14 AM

0 comments:

About