Mac Hijack

Friday, June 03, 2005 | 0 Comments

I wrangled SSBs computer away from him to post. Well, actually, he's not home so I finally get a chance today to post an update on the "Good Wife Guide".

My dad emailed me back:
"Hi there to you.That was to be humour.Going camping.Take Care.yourpaw."

Yeah, that's humor with an extra u. Maybe he's camping in Canada. And yeah, there's a bit of Hillbilly in our area, hence the "paw" (I actually find it quite endearing). The area was founded by Kentucks that were running from the law, or so the story goes.

Anyway, he claims it was all in fun, but I know him better than that. In his defense, however, he did tell me in our last 3 hour marathon phone conversation that he likes to do things to piss people off, even me. Well, Dad, that'll do it. Mission accomplished.

As for my mom, well my dad says that she is lucky to have him, but I say the two of them are lucky to have each other. They both act like children much of the time, but I understood at an early age that parents are just people. No matter what you expect out of them or what you think they should be, in the end they are just people with their own ideas, dreams, problems, and issues to work out. Both of them have been making huge strides in changing themselves lately, so we'll just see where it all leads. I must say that I have been very impressed so far.

9 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger Shannon said...

I'm glad it was intended as humour ;) even if it held a grain of truth for your dad.

Good luck with your computer!!

June 04, 2005 10:48 AM

Blogger sideshow bob said...

You had to use the word 'hijack'? Now you're on the watchlist...if your dad hasn't submitted your name to Big Brother already.

June 04, 2005 10:54 AM

Blogger Maria said...

I'm glad he was joking. People who are serious about that kind of stuff are scary. Like my ex-husband.

June 04, 2005 11:10 AM

Blogger SierraBella said...

"Paw," I like that!
Guess he was trying to 'git yer dander up?'

June 04, 2005 11:32 AM

Blogger Mark said...

sorry to post in this spot, but my friend pero sent me thus in e-maul and i thoight i'd share it with you...peace out: Adult Stem Cell Breakthrough Ignored
The results of the four-year research project showed that olfactory stem cells can be turned into heart cells, brain cells, nerve cells – indeed, almost any kind of cell in the body – without the problems of rejection or tumors forming, a common side effect with embryonic stem cells

**This is the dirty little secret about stem-cell research.........Adult cells are more viable, and proven --> Embrionic cells are extremely volatile and have proven nothing, except to be frustrating.

But putting our money and hope in adult stem-cells would take the fun out of creating and killing fetuses

June 04, 2005 6:37 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

He wasn't joking. Like I said, I know him too well. He says it was meant as humor simply to spare himself my wrath, and possibly to try and make me feel foolish to boot- which he will not and I will not. He may be fooling all of you, but he can not fool me. And I'm still pissed.

June 04, 2005 9:56 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

You know what else pisses me off? Comments like Mark's. (warning sarcasm ahead): Yeah, I just get giddy at the thought of creating and destroying fetuses. In fact, it has almost surpassed blogging as one of my favorite pasttimes. In fact, I have to go if I am going to get all these fetuses destroyed before bedtime.

June 04, 2005 10:07 PM

Blogger Shannon said...

I thought Mark's comment was spam.
How non sequitur.

June 04, 2005 10:56 PM

Blogger Jennifer said...

My dad does the same thing and he too passes it off as humour. I won't get into details what, but I don't find it funny at all.
Spam on blogs. Now I have seen everything.

June 05, 2005 9:26 AM

0 comments:

About