Sy- What is it doing outside?
SSB- [stepping back in from the porch] Can you hear it? Can you hear that thunder?
Sy- Where women glow and men plunder?
SSB- Chunder.
Sy- Oh, is that what they do? They chunder? Thunder, chunder, plunder...Do they plunder?
SSB- Oh yes. They plunder and chunder. What does chunder mean?
Sy- OH! WAIT! I knew this one!--
SSB- Sounds like throwing up after drinking.--
Sy- someone told me once--
SSB- I chundered at that party.
Sy- I chundered in my sister's neighbor's yard that one time.
SSB- You left a chunder trail around the neighborhood.
Sy- [giggling] Where's Sy and SSB? Oh, they're around. Just follow the chunder trail.

(BTW: the reference here is a song from the eighties. I know you guys like games, so who sang it and what was it called? Also, chunder really does mean vomit!)

13 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger Scott said...

That's Men at Work! Down Under. And ew about the chunder.

June 28, 2005 1:52 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Good work Scott! You mean chunder in general, or mine specifically? Ah! That was a fun night. Two words: Jägermeister shots.

June 28, 2005 2:36 PM

Blogger Lyvvie said...

I saw them on Solid Gold singing that song!!

I'm pretty sure chunder maens to barf too...

if it doesn't, it certainly should.

June 28, 2005 4:14 PM

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

gag me with a spoon!

June 28, 2005 4:14 PM

Blogger jac said...

I leave my brain here.

June 28, 2005 9:30 PM

Blogger OldRoses said...

I'm too old to recognize the reference. And it's been ages since I drank so much I chundered.

June 28, 2005 10:52 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Lyvvie- I remember Solid Gold. I can't believe that my dad actually watched that with the family. And it really DOES mean vomit! I looked it up on dictionary.com

ESC- Like, totally!

Jac- you almost always leave me scratching my head.

OldRoses- Here I was worried about people being too YOUNG! :)

June 29, 2005 7:23 AM

Blogger Irb said...

I believe chunder is the natural by-product of vegemite. Or possibly the other way around...

June 29, 2005 8:17 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Irb- that sounds about right. I've tried marmite which some people have told me is similar to vegemite, only better, and I thought it was rather disgusting- so what does that make vegemite?

June 29, 2005 9:00 AM

Blogger SierraBella said...

I had the Men at Work album-
Does anyone even know what an album is anymore?
God I feel so old...

June 29, 2005 10:16 AM

Blogger Sask 1 said...

i think i need to chunder.:)

June 29, 2005 10:30 AM

Blogger DrMax said...

Watching Solid Gold is nothing to be ashamed of. It was at a time when there were fewer channel choices and a lot fewer remote controls. It is surprising what we would watch back then, just because we didn't want to bother getting out of a chair to change the channel. It also explains why I know more about Hee Haw than I care to admit. Chunder indeed.

June 29, 2005 3:27 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Sierrabella- know? I have some!

June- Ug. I'm feeling the same way right now.

DrMax- I can't believe how much of my life Ihave wasted watching TV. But I gave up cable TV. Now I do most of my life wasting on the internet!

June 30, 2005 12:10 AM

0 comments:

About