I Must Have Good Taste

Friday, April 29, 2005 | 0 Comments

I was just watching the Daily Show, and Jon Stewart had an economist on there named Stephen Levitt talking about his book Freakonomics. Huh. Where have I heard that name before? Then it hit me- I have this guy's blog in my sidebar on Sylvana Finds. I checked it, and sure enough, it really is this guy's blog. WOW! It's almost like a brush with fame! If Jon Stewart thinks this guy is good enough to have on his show, then he must good. Go check out this blog to find out more about it. It is about economics, but he does a really good job of making it interesting and fun.

5 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger Tayster said...

Economics= Interesting & fun?

I have to see what kind of miracle this man can perform.

April 29, 2005 10:17 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Well, I am a geek, so maybe it is just fun and interesting to geeks.

April 29, 2005 12:43 PM

Blogger Tayster said...

You've been to my blog, you know I'm a geek.

I guess I'm just bitter because my economics class in college was taught by a fool.

April 29, 2005 4:23 PM

Blogger The Doc said...

This occasion seems appropriate for me to unleash one of my favourite Lewis Black quotes:

"I don't know anything about the economy. I took economics in college, but it was taught at eight o'clock in the morning. About halfway through the semester, I shook the professor and said: 'Why are you teaching this at eight in the morning; do you want to keep this crap a secret!?!'"

It's funny because it's true. I barely remember anything from my eight o'clock classes.


In actual on-topic commentary, yes, that is an interesting website, even for a man who barely understands the concept of money.

April 30, 2005 9:46 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

I hate 8am classes. I had to take psych physiology at 8am. Dissecting sheep brains is not something I think should be done first thing in the morning.

April 30, 2005 10:26 AM

0 comments:

About