Tis the Season

Friday, December 09, 2005 | 0 Comments

Something has gotten into SSB. Maybe it is all this blog talk about the holidays. Maybe it is the fact that we might not make it up to my parents' this Christmas. Or maybe it is just that he hasn't had full time work for over a month-

But he decorated our living room festively!!!

And now that I am looking at our decorations, I really need to hit the decoration sale at JoAnn Fabrics!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got a call for a second interview for the job at the bank. She sounded very optimistic so I am too!

But not so much so that I am just asking to be let down. Really!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JDs party is tomorrow and every one has RSVPed. He is so looking forward to it. And the kids all think that it is a fantastic idea to go bowling. We ordered a DQ cake today with a design of my own. Here is a rough sketch of it. I will try to get a picture of how the actual cake turns out. It's a phoenix. This has always been one of my favorite mythical animals. It represents beauty, strength, rebirth, freedom, immortality, and power. What's not to like about that? In fact, the reason I chose it for his cake is because it is JD's favorite mythical animal too!

5 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger sideshow bob said...

I think it's that last one...

December 10, 2005 1:01 PM

Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Hmmmmmm, DQ ice cream cake!
Save me a piece.

December 10, 2005 5:06 PM

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

I would have had a heart attack if Kev had put up decorations on his own. He helped me open ornament boxes, that's about it. And, of course, complimented me on how nice everything looked afterwards, because he knows what's good for him.

Hope the party went well! That phoenix looks awesome! I hope you post pictures of the cake.

December 10, 2005 5:49 PM

Blogger Kari said...

hey sylvana!

it's kari from the strange musings.

anyways, just wanted to let you know i have the internet again and will be posting more often. also, i really love your pheonix decoration. in fact, for a long time now i have been wanting one on my back along with my chinese last name. that pheonix you drew looks like something i imagined my tattoo would look like. it's really nice!

as for symbolism, in chinese culture, pheonix also represents the female counterpart whereas dragon represented the male. just some interesting chinese mythology for you.

again, cool drawing. no pun intended with the dq cake. :P

December 10, 2005 10:47 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

SSB, that's the one that I was leaning toward.

Shamus, yeah, I'll send you a piece. So if you get a sloppy, sticky, mushy letter in the mail - it's not anthrax.

ESC, I was a little concerned myself. It is nice to have a man that knows what is good for him!! And thanks about the drawing. I couldn't find a phoenix design that I liked, so I just drew my own.

Kari!! You are back!! Yay!!
Thanks for the extra info on the phoenix. I can see why the phoenix represents the female.
And you can feel free to snag the drawing for a tatoo as long as you send me a picture of it when you get it done.

December 11, 2005 12:03 AM

0 comments:

About