We normally don't decorate for Christmas for many reasons; three of which are 1) we are cheap, 2) we are lazy, and 3) we usually go up to my parents' house for Christmas anyway so let them decorate!

Well, due to special circumstances we didn't go to my parents' house this year. And despite all the stuff that has been going on we are determined to have a happy Christmas, DAMN IT!!

SSB had already started decorating a couple weeks ago for some strange reason and it was warm out the day before Christmas so we put up lights on the house- blue and white. Then we went to the local Shopko to get chocolate for Christmas morning. And we picked up more decorations- 60% off!! The above is a picture of what we did with our haul.

SSB and I stayed up late Christmas Eve watching movies and drinking Ballatore Gran Spumante. We buy a few bottles of this and let it sit in the back of our fridge for a year or two before drinking it. The refrigerator aging mellows it out and makes it the best damn wine that I have ever drank! YUMMY! We drink it on special occasions such as New Year and our anniversary. I could drink it all the time, but it really needs to age to be that enjoyable and I just don't have a wine cellar to work all that wine.

We got a 20" inch TV for JD. He completely was not expecting that. At first he was hesitant about it, not understanding how it was a good thing since we can't get reception worth shit. But ever since we hooked up the Play Station that our friend had given to us (complete with a bunch of games) he has been coming down from his room every hour or so demanding a hug because he is so happy.

I got SSB the latest Simpson DVD, of course.

SSB got me these fabulicious boots!








Along with all the cookies that I made last night for us to gorge ourselves on today, I made a batch of dog biscuits. They LOVE them!!

Zen is very fussy about what he eats so we gave him Pounce Baste'mms for Christmas. He gets all drooly as soon as he hears the bag crinkle. He's loving the special treatment, but I don't care if it is Christmas and he has cancer - he can still go lick his ass in the other room!!


12 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger sideshow bob said...

You look so cute in your boots!

December 26, 2005 1:09 PM

Blogger DrMax said...

Looks like you had a merry one Syl and SSB! All the best for your family in the new year. It's been nice to meet good blog folks like you over the past year.

December 26, 2005 1:11 PM

Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Cool boots!

December 26, 2005 8:02 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

SSB, teehee!

DrMax, I feel the same way. It's been so nice to find so many great people!

Shamus, thanks! I can't wait for more snow!!

December 26, 2005 10:17 PM

Blogger OldRoses said...

Love your decorations. The best gift I received was a flower arrangement from one of my oldest friends. No one EVER sends me flowers. At first I thought it was a mistake and that they had been delivered to the wrong house. I couldn't believe they were actually for me. I was so thrilled I put them in the picture of the rum cake I made for my cooking blog. I will be posting it next week. It's a ghost story! BTW, the boots are GREAT!

December 26, 2005 11:50 PM

Blogger nope said...

Love the boots and the dog biscuits and it sure sounds like you had a pleasant holiday!

December 27, 2005 8:47 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

OldRoses, a ghost story?! I love ghost stories! I can't wait!

Indiaiynke, would you say that they are bootilicious? ;)
Perhaps the biscuits are biscuilicious!
That's a fun game.
I think I had too much coffee.

December 27, 2005 2:56 PM

Blogger Wendy A said...

Those boots look kinda like waterproof Uggs. Very stylish

December 28, 2005 2:39 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Wendy, geez! I've never been stylish before. I just like them because they are soft pink, sparkly, and remind me of the boots I wore during my childhood.

December 28, 2005 7:37 PM

Blogger sands of time said...

sounds like you had a really happy christmas.Love the boots by the way as well

December 29, 2005 9:10 AM

Blogger galetea said...

I'm LOVING the pink Christmas decorations. I'll run that past the Rock Star for next year when we've got a proper house and a whole ROOM to fill with pink shiny!

December 30, 2005 5:12 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Pink Lady, it actually was a pretty good one this year!

Galetea, welcome to my blog! My husband picked out most of the decorations in that picture and even set up most of them himself! I did the goodie trays and positioned the runner on the table.

December 30, 2005 4:17 PM

0 comments:

About