The Ladies Man

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 | 0 Comments

I have been getting reports from my friends of seeing JD around town. They all say that he is surrounded by a group of girls! In fact, when I go to pick him up from school when he misses the bus, I pull up to find him surrounded by a group of girls.

Some of these friends were a little shocked because JD is such a science geek and they thought all that high-nerdery would certainly chase the girls away. But they are underestimating the power of sensitivity and charisma! Not to mention pure interest in people, and girls have always been a BIG interest with JD!

He has been flirting with girls pretty much all his life. By six months he was ogling the women on the Price Is Right and every beer commercial. When he was 9 months old my well endowed friend was holding him. He just stared in gleeful surprise at her large chest then said, "Wow!" It was just this kind of bold flirting that got us calling him "Our Little Dirty Old Man". He flirted with sitters, cashiers, waitresses, and friends of ours.

For awhile (when he was 4-5) he took quite a liking to Astoria. We would go out to Sunday brunch occasionally with her and JD would try to put the moves on her. He always had to sit next to her. He would do the yawning stretching thing to get his arm around her. He would lay his head on her chest. Of course he was such a cute little boy, Astoria couldn't help giggling about the flood of attention that she got from him. I, on the other hand, wondered what kind of Don Juan monster we were raising.

As he became older, his flirting became less bold, more sophisticated. While homeschooling him I would at times bring him to the university with me (where he could often answer the questions the professors posed in class with quite a bit of accuracy and poise). There he was surrounded by young, pretty women. And they just adored him! Here was a cute little boy that could talk about intelligent topics. They would flock around him, giggling. He ate it up and would beg to go to the school with me. The library staff started referring to him as "The Little Casanova".

Now he's in middle school,and the girls are still flocking to him. He definitely has something there. Now, to make sure that he uses his powers for good and not evil...

14 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger sideshow bob said...

Could he be the next Hitch?

October 19, 2005 5:23 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Perhaps.

October 19, 2005 5:25 PM

Blogger Dr. Who said...

Finally! A science geek being successful with the opposite sex! Maybe he could teach me a couple of tricks... strangely enough, I can't find any females being interested in quarks and gluons...

heheheh :)

October 19, 2005 6:59 PM

Blogger The Doc said...

As a responsible grown-up type person, I say: "Good luck keeping that young man under control!"

As a former junior-high / high school nerd I say: "GO J.D.! Go forth and use your awesome powers!"

October 19, 2005 7:30 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Dr. Who, he's a really handsome goofy geek. He also is very good at toning down the geek when he is with non-geeky people. He has such a variety of interests that he can talk to just about anyone about anything; just like his MOM!

The Doc, I never really thought of him as a champion for nerdy guys; I think he would like that idea. I was always a big nerd fan. I never understood why girls would be so against them. Smart is sexy.

October 20, 2005 8:59 AM

Blogger sands of time said...

Goes to show that brains can be attractive.Girls know when they see a good thing.Im sure he has a killer smile as well to make them go weak in the knees

October 20, 2005 10:02 AM

Blogger Lovely Lisa said...

I agree with june...i always crushed on the smart ones in school! But, they were the ones in my classes who took the time to get to know my name, too!

October 20, 2005 12:45 PM

Blogger SierraBella said...

He sounds like a real charmer!
Bet you can't wait until High School? *yeah right!*

October 20, 2005 4:41 PM

Blogger Indigo Red said...

The everynerd hero.

October 20, 2005 6:54 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Pink Lady, he has gorgeous, dusky eyes that seem to have stars glowing in them like an evening sky. And he has slight dimples that show up in his shyly embarassed smile.

Lovely Lisa, it sure beats wasting your time on the dumb, muscly ones that barely know their name.

Sierrabella, ugh! High school!!

Indigo Red, apparently he is! He always wanted to be a hero.

October 20, 2005 8:11 PM

Blogger Astoria said...

Yeah I miss the days of being worshiped!! Remember the look he gave "J" when we were all at the Yuker party? That is something I shall NEVER forget! Our little boy is growing up to be a fine young man who will for sure make his mother proud! I know I am and I'm not even his mother!!! You are lucky to have him, and you know it!!

October 20, 2005 9:28 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

I know I went to the euchre party, but I don't really remember much else so it must have been good ;)

October 21, 2005 10:21 AM

Blogger OldRoses said...

Oh, boy...you have had "the talk" with him, right? They start so early these days. It's great that he hasn't changed over the years. My daughter was very friendly and outgoing as a child. She charmed everyone she met. But she grew into one of those nasty, sullen teens. Such a shame because she is extraordinarily bright like JD.

October 22, 2005 1:52 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

OldRoses, he asked me about that quite a few years ago- I think he was in the first grade. I gave him the straight up version, and I think he was embarrassed. But he has asked me other questions after that, so I know that if he wants to know and is ready to know, he will come to me.

Right now, I would have a hard time seeing him as a sullen person, although after the first grade I did start to see him change that way. I didn't like that change, and that is one of the reasons that we took him out of school. I think having time away from all the teasing kids has given him the confidence in himself. Sometimes I think that kids shouldn't go to school until middle school. It gives them time to develop on their own.

October 22, 2005 10:08 PM

0 comments:

About