I promised Old Roses that I would get a fresh poll up this weekend, and shamefully, I dropped the ball. Don't hate me because I'm a busy procrastinator! But I am putting a new one up right now.

The results of the last poll were as I suspected- End Over wins! I chose that question because I was so tired of using the facilities away from home and scraping my knuckles trying to get toilet paper that has been installed end under. I could never understand why anyone would want to install it this way...until Old Roses mentioned her cats. Then SSB made the connection- if the toilet paper is installed end under then cats and little kids batting it will not lead to a huge pile of toilet paper all over the floor. Brilliant! But I still prefer it installed end over. And to the person who claims to have their own personal ass-wiper: I don't know whether to feel sorry for you or envy you, so I'll toss a coin...Congratulations, envy it is!

7 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger SierraBella said...

Hooray, I was the first to take your new poll!
And I'll probably be the only person to give the answer I gave.

July 11, 2005 8:51 AM

Blogger OldRoses said...

Cat vs Toilet Paper - I don't keep any toilet paper in the dispenser in my bathroom. It's on a shelf above the toilet where the cat can't reach it. He uses his claws to shred it into tiny pieces.

Cell Phone Poll - Great poll! I have a cell phone but can't get anyone to call me on it. I tell them, don't call on the land line. I have a dial-up internet connection. Use my cell instead. So what do they do? Call on the land line and complain that the line is always busy!

July 11, 2005 10:58 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Sierrabella- you WEREN"T the only one!

OldRoses- Ha! I am working on a post that is exactly the opposite of your problem!

July 11, 2005 11:19 PM

Blogger Jennifer said...

I too like the paper end over. And the odd time The Man changes it, he always does it wrong... end under.

July 12, 2005 8:18 AM

Blogger The Doc said...

As a bachelor, I have neither children nor cats running around unattended, so I never thought about the disadvantages of end-over TP replacement. Something to think about for the future, I suppose.

July 12, 2005 12:19 PM

Blogger Scott said...

My wife always installs the TP end-under, although when I ask her about it, she claims not to have a preference. Luckily my cat seems too lazy to TP the entire bathroom, so I switch it every time I notice it's going the wrong way.

July 12, 2005 12:54 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Jennifer- I have my boys trained well ;)

The Doc- I keep the bathroom door shut so the cat can't get in the bathroom because he, like other cats, likes to pee on the shower curtain. Something about the chemicals in vinyl.

Scott- My cat is so above such juvenile antics such as unrolling the TP. He gets irritated if you point out whenever he starts to play.

July 12, 2005 1:37 PM

0 comments:

About