Blood from a Turnip

Friday, July 29, 2005 | 0 Comments

I called the middle school yesterday at 11:34 to try and set up a meeting with the principal. The secretary said that he had left for the day, but he would be in tomorrow (that would today) and I could talk to him then. She said that she could put me through to his voice mail so that I could leave a message. I said sure. I wait and wait. Nothing. Well I figure I will just get a hold of him tomorrow.

I call this morning at 11:20. She says that he already left for the day. I said that I was told that he would be in today. Well, yeah, but he left already. I told her that I was not told that he would not be in all day. When is he in? Well, he has been coming in the morning. Yeah, WHEN IS HE IN? During the summer he only stays until 11am. I ask, well, wouldn't that have been something you should have told me yesterday when I had called? If I had known that he was only in until 11am I would have tried to call earlier. Oh, uh, well,...he'll be in Monday. I have to set up a meeting as soon as possible considering there is only a month until the beginning of school, so you are sure that he will be in Monday until 11am? Yes. Fine, I'll call back then.

Why did I have to drag that little bit of critical information out of this woman? Why wouldn't she understand that I might need to know that? Then I'm asking her outright and she is being evasive. What does this principal have to hide? I am definitely saying something to this guy about the person answering the phone.

Ahhhhhhh!!! I HATE THE PUPPET MILL!!!!

10 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger Scott said...

Sounds like she needs to read the "Hines Story". This is widely spread throughout my company and is a very good cautionary tale about being complete. I found a copy on the web here

July 29, 2005 1:04 PM

Blogger canuk said...

She must have learned the dodge and evade technique from Scott McClellan :-)

July 29, 2005 2:51 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Scott- that was a very good story. I am working on my resume right now.

Canuk- Get out of my head! That's exactly what I was thinking!!

July 29, 2005 4:01 PM

Blogger sideshow bob said...

You know he's there, waving his hands and shaking his head franticly (how do you americans spell 'frantically'?), telling her to say that he's not in. For all we know, she was on top of him... that might explain the lack of focus and clarity.

July 30, 2005 2:04 AM

Blogger sideshow bob said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!! Sylvana, did you see that Tim Burton is putting out a new movie called "Corpse Bride", or something like that...it looks just like "Nighmare Before Christmas". I so can't wait to see it with you!!!!

July 30, 2005 2:35 AM

Blogger SierraBella said...

Sounds like the same group of brainiacs who set up the phone-message systems for major companies... where you input all this pertinent info, finally get a real person on the line, and then have to repeat every piece of info you've already input.

July 30, 2005 1:04 PM

Blogger sideshow bob said...

"Set in stone! Set in stone!!!" hehe...remember that, Sy?

July 30, 2005 3:40 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

SSB- Oh cool! I love Tim Burton!
Oh and that set-in-stone lady can kiss my ass!

Sierrabella- I so know what you are talking about!! I really love the places where you call and tell them your life story and then they pass you off to another person who you once again have to tell the whole story to before they figure out that they need to pass you off to yet another person who will need to hear the whole story too. There is that one commercial where the guy finally just plays a recording of his problem to the person on the phone so he can eat. THAT is a good idea!

July 30, 2005 4:57 PM

Blogger Maria said...

Sylvana, your day sounds kind of like mine. My bank closed early for no apparent reason and I needed to cash my check because I like to spend money. Do you think anyone would cash it? NO. Because the dentist handwrote the check instead of printing it, no one would touch it. I went to five different grocery stores and finally gave up.

I guess this really wasn't like your day at all, but I needed to vent.

July 30, 2005 9:22 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Maria- Thanks for that! I know how you feel!! Sometimes when I'm in situations like that I have to sit back and laugh at the total absurdity of it. I mean, really what are the odds? I often think, "If I saw this in a movie would I find it even remotely plausible?"

July 30, 2005 10:33 PM

0 comments:

About