Eighties, Baby

Monday, July 18, 2005 | 0 Comments

"You grew up to this. No Bonus. No penalty.
5 point bonus for telling me where you saw this. Thanks!
Final Score: 96"



The really sad thing here is that some of my favorite songs and bands I missed the lyrics to- like INXS!!! It's really hard to see the words and get the music to them in your head so that you can fill in those blanks. Plus, some of them I never knew the lyrics to back then either.

You have to be very careful with your spellings and you do not get points per correct word- it's all or nothing per question as far as this scorer is concerned. It is a lot of fun, and yet very frustrating, trying to get all the blanks filled in. Don't be afraid to guess. You may know more than you think!

BTW- I always include where I snatched these quizzes from because I think it is the courteous thing to do, but I lost track of who's blog that I got this from. If it was your blog- please forgive me!! As soon as I find out, I will put it here. Evil Science Chick! ...I knew I'd remember eventually.

10 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger firechild said...

"....i need you tonight.. da da.. cuz i'm not sleepin'. da da. there's something about you girl, dada... THAT MAKES ME SWEAT! da da..." oh my GOD! i was just watching that meet the band or whatever it's called on TV where there picking the next rock star. you're cracking me up.

July 17, 2005 11:47 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Firechild- Don't ya just love it when that happens? A couple weeks ago I came home from the movies and hopped on to blog and the very first blog that I read had posted about the very movie that I had just seen!!

July 18, 2005 7:59 AM

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

I stole it from another site, too. No biggie - fun quiz love all around ;)

July 18, 2005 2:46 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

ESC- I only cite back to where I got it. I don't feel right copying blog content without giving credit to my source. Besides- name dropping's fun and easy to do!

July 18, 2005 3:49 PM

Blogger OldRoses said...

I seem to be caught in a weird late 60's early 70's time warp. Was there even music in the 80's?

July 18, 2005 9:56 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Not really, OldRoses. There were only a few good bands and songs. Things didn't pick up again until the 90s.

July 18, 2005 11:10 PM

Blogger The Doc said...

Including the 5 bonus points, I recieved a score of 97.5. But more importantly, I had "Safety Dance" in my head for three hours today.

You can dance if you want to; you can leave your cares behind...Oh, the lives of carefree men. Men without hats.

July 19, 2005 12:57 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

TheDoc- I know! And I just got that song out of my head too!

July 19, 2005 7:55 AM

Blogger Shannon said...

I got a 96, which impressed me because I felt like I forogt the exact words in so many instances. "Now was that word 'feel,' 'dance,' or 'lonely?'"

Thanks for putting Safety Dance *back* in my head!

July 19, 2005 8:41 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Shannon- I had the very same problem. Now was it walk, talk or stalk? Or maybe it was baby. "Baby" was my default answer.

July 19, 2005 9:37 AM

0 comments:

About