This is the ceiling fan that we purchased on June fourth. Yep, it took over a month to finally get it up and working! Well, actually it took six weeks of discussions such as-

When do you want to put up that ceiling fan?
How about this Saturday.
OK.
(Saturday comes along)
Hey! Lets go to the park!
OK!


....couple days later....

Hey, when do you want to put up that ceiling fan?
Well, we don't have enough time today. I think it will take at least 6 hours. How about Tuesday?

OK.
(Tuesday comes along)
I think it is too hot to put up the fan. Maybe we should wait.
Yes! Yes, I think we should wait! Let's watch a movie instead!
OK!



This went on for six weeks. It only took two hours of actual work. It was amazingly simple to install. I don't know what we were waiting for! We still have boxes of tiles we bought about five years ago for our bathroom sitting upstairs just waiting to be installed. Perhaps this home improvement success has been the inspiration needed to get that job under way. Yeah! I want to tile the bathroom floor this weekend!!

...Oh, wait. We have relatives coming next week. OK, next weekend!! Yeah, gonna do it next weekend!

...Oh, I forgot, next weekend my friend from back home is coming. But I can do it the weekend after that!!

...No. No, I am going to my sister's that weekend. Weekend after that?

...Dammit! No! That's my brother's party!!

Oh well! I guess another five years won't hurt.


18 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger Derek Knight said...

That's sharp lookin'!

The procrastination is understandable. Puttin' up celiing fans, and lights in general, is a pain in the ass. I'd much rather "go to the park."

July 20, 2005 3:19 PM

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

well, you have to give those tiles time to adjust to your home. if you install them too quickly, they'll...um...explode. or something. just let them sloooowly adjust to your home.

now go to the park!

(that is a kick ass fan!)

July 20, 2005 3:57 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Derek- Thanks! It replaced some 80s degenerate fan whose motor would start grinding in the middle of the night. This one is whisper quite. And Kicks Ass!

ESC- You're right. I definitely need to give them more time. Don't want to move too quickly on these things. Besides, the bathroom will always be there. With Bush in office, the park might not!!

July 20, 2005 4:08 PM

Blogger sideshow bob said...

Dude, where's my park?
They can take our parks, but they'll never take our ceiling fans!!!

July 20, 2005 6:50 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Hey, honey. When are we getting to that garage roof?

July 20, 2005 7:02 PM

Blogger Maria said...

Cool! It's pretty and practical.

July 20, 2005 9:08 PM

Blogger Jennifer said...

Better late than never!

July 21, 2005 12:24 AM

Blogger OldRoses said...

Cool fan! Much nicer than the fans in my house. Which I don't use anyways because I'm so tall and the ceilings are so low that I'm afraid they'll hit my head.

July 21, 2005 12:46 AM

Blogger Lyvvie said...

Wow, I've never seen one with shaped leaves before. Very swish.

July 21, 2005 1:57 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Maria- It was definitely the perfect fan for us.

Jennifer- That all depends...but I like your positive attitude.

OldRoses- I was so afraid that this fan was much lower than our last, and our last fan every once in awhile I would run into it. This one is much higher so no more catching a blade to the head!

Lyvvie- The blades are real wood too! I love the look of natural wood.

July 21, 2005 8:38 AM

Blogger DrMax said...

Whew! I'm glad to hear those blades are leaves! I was feeling sorry for the birds that had given up their wings for your fan. What a relief!

July 21, 2005 3:28 PM

Blogger Sask 1 said...

Thats a nice ceiling fan

July 22, 2005 11:24 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

DrMax- Those birds would proudly give up their wings to such a fabulous person such as myself. But being the fabulous person that I am, I would never allow them to do that.

June- It moves a lot of air too.

July 22, 2005 12:55 PM

Blogger ORF said...

Wow, that fan kicks ass. Don't feel bad about taking forever to put it up. I've lived in my apartment for six months and still haven't bought a globe for the ceiling fan in my bedroom, so it's just an ugly bare lightbulb.

July 27, 2005 12:38 PM

Blogger Kari said...

i never thought that i would say a ceiling fan is nice but yours its pretty cool looking. i wonder if this will spark an onslaught of ceiling fan trends like ones with flames or spinners?

July 27, 2005 1:08 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

ORF- Well, I'm glad we didn't wait too much longer. The light part of the fan had faulty wiring and we needed to exchange it. if we had waited until they quit carrying this fan, we would have been shit out of luck!

Kari- Ceiling fans do not need to be boring, that is for sure! Flaming hoops with little squirrels jumping through them. the action of their leaping from blade to blade propels the fan and creates a breeze. Yeah, that would be cool! (no pun intended)

July 28, 2005 9:23 AM

Blogger Gerbera Daisy said...

I love your ceiling fan!!!

July 28, 2005 2:58 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Gerbera Daisy- Welcome to my blog! And THANKS!!

July 28, 2005 5:06 PM

0 comments:

About