Putting the Lead in Leading Lady

Saturday, January 14, 2006 | 0 Comments

I got this test from Irb's blog. People seem to like these tests; I know I do. I guess people like to find out who they relate to, or maybe they are bored, possibily skirting work, maybe work they are being paid to do. Hmm?

ADMIT IT!!

I was imagining that I would end up being a mysterious, sultry dame whose life ended abruptly. But I ended up as Katharine Hepburn instead.

And I couldn't be happier! The way they characterized her in "The Aviator" just made me wish that I was her! She was so smart and smart mouthed, not to mention fearless!! She could compete with the best of them, be they male or female; and she didn't take crap from anyone either.

Hey, that DOES sound like me!! My sister-in-law said that one of the things that she really liked about me was that I had pizazz. Katharine definitely had pizazz; but I could never hope to be as witty as her, and the test results support that. It is also true that I don't have much class. I'm too interested in being real.

Katharine Hepburn

You scored 28% grit, 23% wit, 57% flair, and 11% class!

You are the fabulously quirky and independent woman of character. You go your own way, follow your own drummer, take your own lead. You stand head and shoulders next to your partner, but you are perfectly willing and able to stand alone. Others might be more classically beautiful or conventionally woman-like, but you possess a more fundamental common sense and off-kilter charm, making interesting men fall at your feet. You can pick them up or leave them there as you see fit. You share the screen with the likes of Spencer Tracy and Cary Grant, thinking men who like strong women.


My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 67% on grit
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 30% on wit
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 91% on flair
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 9% on class


Find out what kind of classic leading man you'd make by taking the
Classic Leading Man Test.
Find out what kind of leading lady you'd make by taking the
The Classic Dames Test written by gidgetgoes

12 Comments

Blogger nope said...

Two of my most favorite actors are Katherine Hepburn and Lauren Bacall. The types of women they seem to be (were) surely is something they were born with.

So how's the pharmacy job going?

January 14, 2006 9:25 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

I love them both, too! I always liked Lauren's deep voice. And I loved Katharine's quirkiness. I loved them both for their sassiness.

The job is going great! Yesterday I was being trained to process the insurance claims and payments. I overheard my trainer talking to the owner saying that I was really smart and caught on quickly. Then I heard the owner agree and say that they really liked me. :D

January 14, 2006 10:32 AM

Blogger Indigo Red said...

I'm a big Betty Bacall fan. My real hero is Bogie.

I was surprised, however, when I finished test little test and it came up with Humphrey Bogart! I really thought it would be somebody like Ronald Coleman.

BTW, congrats on the job. That they like you, really like you, is a very good sign.

January 14, 2006 2:11 PM

Blogger Shannon said...

I'm also Kathrine Hepburn.

My stats:

You scored higher than 8% on grit
You scored higher than 52% on wit
You scored higher than 64% on flair
You scored higher than 56% on class

January 14, 2006 3:04 PM

Blogger OldRoses said...

Barbara Stanwyck
You scored 38% grit, 23% wit, 38% flair, and 14% class!
You're a tough dame, a bit of a spitfire, and you can even be a little dangerous, but you do it with such flair that almost all is forgiven (and even when it's not, you're still the most interesting woman in the room). You can be witty and charming, all right, but you have a tough streak that keeps you focused and sometimes deadly. You've had quite a climb to get where you are, but you're a hard worker and you mostly deserve all you get...and then some. You might end up destroying everything around you, but you must admit...you've got style. Your leading men include Henry Fonda, Fred MacMurray, and when you forget yourself, Gary Cooper.

I'm Barbara Stanwyck? Barbara Stanwyck? I always considered myself more of the Kate Hepburn type. Handsome rather than beautiful. Witty rather than charming. Independant rather than clingily feminine. Sheesh!!

January 14, 2006 10:33 PM

Blogger DrMax said...

I HATE these damn tests! I mean, seriously, there must be something wrong with that site! Alfalfa from the Little Rascals? I gotta have more class than that!

January 15, 2006 7:26 AM

Blogger sideshow bob said...

I'm Bogey. The summary said that there's usually a complicated dame in the picture...damn these things are accurate!

January 15, 2006 9:50 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Indigo Red, I don't know how they decide which person you would be. If you look at Shannon's and my results, they are practically opposite, yet we are the same person. (Although I think Kate can handle it! ;D)
Thanks about the job. I think this will work out.

Shannon, don't you think that it is weird that our percentages are practically opposite. I was beginning to think that SSB was right: all the girls would be Kate and all the guys would be Bogey. But then OldRoses came up with Barbara Stanwyck.
::scratching head::

DrMax, Alfafa? Yeah, that sounds right. ;)

SSB, that's for sure!

January 15, 2006 2:36 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

OldRoses, hmmm. Maybe you have talents that are so natural that you don't recognize them.

January 15, 2006 2:40 PM

Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

That was cool, I'm John effin Wayne.

January 15, 2006 3:01 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Shamus, I didn't know he was an option. My dad is a huge John Wayne fan. I really liked his movies too.

January 15, 2006 4:41 PM

Blogger Wendy A said...

Bette Davis-- I am ok with that. Exotic, smart,lots of class. I can't complain. Love the test.

January 16, 2006 4:18 AM

0 comments:

About