Thanks for indulging me in my stressful state today. I really do appreciate all the people who visit me here. I don't know where I would be without you. So thanks!

I dropped him off at the school about 40 minutes ago. I don't know if he had everything he needed. I'm afraid that he won't know what classes he has today, that he doesn't know where they are, that he won't ask anyone until he's so stressed out that he'll just break out crying and ruin his social life FOREVER!

I should have gone over more with him! I should have made sure that he understood the schedule!

*biting nails*

What a mess. I'm not even sure if he's going to get lunch. He needs a pin number to access his account and they hadn't given him that yet. I'm planning on calling the school to find out about that, but I'm sure a couple hundred other parents are also calling the school this morning for similar things.

Or worse yet--what if I'm the ONLY ONE?! What if I'm the ONLY parent that didn't make fully sure that their kid was ready for the first day? I feel like such a loser!

*deep breath*

I'm sure he'll be fine. He knows how to ask questions. If he doesn't know what is going on, he'll ask someone.

Right?

Yeah, he'll be fine. He at least knows where his first class is and he already met that teacher. I guess that is a start. There have got to be at least a few handful of other kids that will be wandering around lost and confused. He can band together with them. Then he won't feel so alone. Someone is bound to find them and point them in the right direction.

*SIGH*

There's nothing I can do about it now. He's just going to have to take care of himself.

4 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger OldRoses said...

Sit down. Take a deep breath. Clear your mind. Now, remember back when you were a teenager...you didn't want your parents anywhere around, right? You thought you were all grown up and didn't need them interfering with your life.

I know it's hard, but try to back off a little. This is a great way for him to begin being independant. Test his wings in a safe, controlled environment. And for you to learn to let go.

Just a teeny bit. Baby steps for you both. And be sure to let us know how his first day went after you debrief him after school today. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Don't worry. The second day is easier. The second week is even easier. And the second year is a breeze!!!!!!!

September 01, 2005 10:04 AM

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

you'll be fine.

HE'LL be fine. what's the worst that can happen? besides him getting duct taped to a bench? ;)

(sorry, just trying to lighten the mood)

September 01, 2005 10:32 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

OldRoses- Test his wings in a safe, controlled environment.
Are ya kidding me? Since when has middle school become a "safe, controlled environment"?
Oh, and I really didn't care about my parents, but then again, they never did anything as far as school was involved, not even school events that I was participating in- those jerks!

See, ESC has the idea!! I didn't check to see if duct tape was one of the banned items! Oh no! I really should have prepared more!

September 01, 2005 11:44 AM

Blogger Sandy said...

You're hilarious. I'm so not looking forward to middle school.

September 01, 2005 10:50 PM

0 comments:

About