The Frugal Gourmet

Sunday, March 06, 2005 | 0 Comments

I have a lot of vegetarian friends and have even myself have been trying out a mammal-free diet for about 2-1/2 years. There are times I break the diet- like when I went to Scotland I had to try haggis, which was fabulous by the way! The mammal-free diet is pesco/pollo vegetarian. The diet that retricts the eating of any meat but allows eggs and dairy is vegetarian and the diet that restricts the consumption of any animal product either by eating or use in general (no leather, for instance) is a vegan. But I was hearing about a new diet called "freegan". These are people who exist entirely by eating found food. The premise is they are protesting the large amounts of foods that are wasted in our society everyday. I have known people who have existed entirely on found foods but I don't think it was for such a noble cause- I think it was because they were too cheap or lazy to buy their own food. I think we need a name to differentiate the two so I propose that the roommate that can't figure out how to get to the store or the co-worker that continually helps themselves to your lunch be called a "me-gan" since they believe that it's all about them.

Blogger Sask 1 said...

They are always the ones who have plenty of money but never spend it.Like the ones that when you go to the restaurant have always left their wallet in their other purse or in the house.Then swear they will pay you back.which turns out to be sometime never.

March 07, 2005 8:44 AM

0 comments:

About