Amative Idol

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 | 0 Comments

One of my many guilty TV pleasures is American Idol. I really think that the talent is the best that it has ever been. Constantine I think had one of the most original performances. He definitely has the S-factor (S=sexy, sensual, sexual, saucy, sizzling, spunk...) as does Bo Bice. Those two have finally shown how hard rock can work in the idol world. They perform like they have been on a stage in front of millions of people for their entire lives.
I have a place in my heart for Mikalah. I think she has tons of charisma, although I think it has become stifled since her first few performances. I would love to see that spirited, spunky Mikalah back. I think she is trying too hard to please people and should just go back to being herself. It also sounded like perhaps her voice was hoarse from practice.
I thought Carrie Underwood and Vonzell Solomon did spectacular too. I love Nadia (she's got the S-factor too), but I think that her song choice last night was unfortunate- nobody can compare to Cyndi Lauper on "Time After Time".

Another big reason that I watch Idol this year is watching the antics of Paula Abdul. Is she on something? Many a show her words have been slurred and she has had trouble forming sentences. Also watching her struggle to figure out how to work a chair or a drinking straw has been the source of much laughter for me and my housemates. And then there was last night- she was practically molesting Simon! After he complimented the third contestant she was climbing up on him trying to kiss him on the mouth- if she had gotten him to comply I'm sure she would have slipped him the tongue. Whew! Paula, lay off the drugs! I think Bernie Mac might be on the same thing because his speech has been slurred and he isn't as snappy as he used to be. Is Valium en vogue this year?

2 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger hiddenfish said...

In these troubling times there are many uncertainties and few unquestioned truths. Rampant confusion plagues the minds of the nervous masses. Order begets chaos in true entropic fashion. As individuals we are powerless to stand against the madness but united we may prevail. We are soldiers; armed with the shield of awareness and the sword of willpower, we stand ready for battle. When all is at an end and the hearts of men are failing them, we will emerge triumphantly and proclaim the new day! There is simply no time for trepidation or anxiety. It saddens me to say that the cowardly, the craven, and the timorous among us are assured an ill fate. We must act swiftly with the time we are given if we are to gain hope for ourselves. Learn more about the madness at www.freewebs.com/orangewrists or at orangewrists.blogspot.com.

March 23, 2005 10:02 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

After reading the above comment I'm thinking maybe it's LSD not Valium. Maybe chased by a little "Jonestown Punch"? Hmmm...

March 24, 2005 11:34 AM

0 comments:

About