Conversations At Our House v. 21

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 | 0 Comments

Sy: I was so tired today! I just wanted to curl up and take a nap at my desk.

SSB: JD and I were just talking about how tired we've been lately too. You should take some vitamins. I think we are all trying to fight off some bug.

Sy: That's kind of what I was thinking. I feel as tired as when JD was real little. That boy was relentless! You couldn't sleep because he wouldn't go to sleep, and even when he was quiet you couldn't sleep because you would be too afraid he was tearing the house down or sneaking out of the house. The only way we could have felt safe to sleep is if we could lock him in a cage. And people go to jail for that.

SSB: Yeah.

Sy: We should be able to put kids in cages. What's a crib but a topless cage? And a playpen is really a cage too. So why can't we put kids in cages? We should make a kiddie cage and market it. We could all Evenflo it up. All padded and brightly colored.

SSB: Yeah. We could call it "The Little Big House".

[both burst out laughing]

15 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh, well done!!! "The Little Big House"- I can just see the packaging now.

Laurie said...

Hahahaha! That's funny!

Sylvana said...

Shannon, the deluxe model could come with kid couture prison uniforms.

Laurie, heheh... yeah.:)

sideshow bob said...

The deluxe model could also come with a tin sippy cup to rattle across the bars!

And a harmonica!

And an electric "time-out chair"...one that would give a sensation similar to sitting on a joy buzzer! (Or does that really start to cross the line?)

Sylvana said...

SSB, I was thinking tin-can sippie cup too.

Derek Knight said...

I've long been a proponent of the "Kages for Kids" movement. Like you said, Evenflo® that shit up, make it nice and colorful and comfy...Exceedingly secure, but comfortable.

I'm on YOUR side.

Kari said...

Naw, just throw them into a large dog pet cage with maybe a sweater for padding and a bell to ring for bathroom breaks. They'll be fine!!

Oh, and when I'm tired, I take vitamins too, caffiene vitamins. :) They make me shake.

OldRoses said...

And for those really "crazy" days, you could sell padded ones with wee little strait jackets.

Sylvana said...

Derek, we just need something to get past the stigma of incarceration.

Kari, caffeine only works to a certain point for me. If I have too much caffeine, it can actually knock me out. One time I had WAY TOO MUCH and I slept for two days!!

Old Roses, Yah, straight jackets!

Elizabeth said...

With a tiny little baby in my lap I have to say... it doesn't sound so unattractive. I think she'd like it, minus the time-out chair.

Sylvana said...

Elizabeth, maybe the time has come for kiddie cages.

Kari said...

Sleeping for two days?!?!

Maybe caffiene doesn't like you. Did you do something to the Caffeine Gods to make them angry?

They usually just make me have to go to the washroom if I've had to much. Then my pee smells like coffee. Which is wierd...

Sylvana said...

Kari, it is only if I have too much, like a couple pots of coffee could do it. The time that I slept for two days I had about a gallon of Mountain Dew and a bunch of NoDoz.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

I always thought that my pee smelled like puffed wheat cereal after drinking coffee. Hmmmm....

Heather said...

I love the idea - some kids really need that kind of "time out."

Sylvana said...

Heather last night we were watching Super Nanny and they showed one of the kids in a dog carrier. We turned to each other and said, "SEE!! It's catching on!"

0 comments:

About