New Toy

Friday, February 09, 2007 | 0 Comments

Blue came up to me all excited the other day and said, "Sy, you and SSB have got to come over to our house so Joe (her husband)* and I can show you our new toy!" As I waited for her to explain, she suddenly looked embarrassed, "I have got to quit saying it like that! It's not that kind of toy!"

She was talking about a computer program that they had just installed that works like Tivo. Awesome. She said that she knew that SSB and I would appreciate the geekiness of it.
She's so right. HUGE GEEK!

Now I'd like to show you my new toy, courtesy of a button I found on Laurie's blog:


ONLINE KARAOKE!!!! Holy crap! I'm so there!



*(her husband, the AP guy at work, and our bowling partner. I'm calling him Joe because he reminds me a little of the husband on Medium)

11 comments:

The Doc said...

Oh my gourd. I have no time to in-depth into this right now before I go to work, but this is definitely going to be well-explored this weekend. Online Kara-O-Ke: the future is NOW.

Shannon said...

The doc beat me to it- This is so exciting! Wooo HOOO!

Laurie said...

I'm so glad I'm not going to be the only person singing to my computer screen this weekend. :)

Josh said...

male heterosexual with dignity = i dont participate in karaoke :)

Sylvana said...

The Doc, I'm so psyched!

Shannon, we should have gone karaoke when we were in Milwaukee!! I guess we sort of did if you count the big screen 80s special.

Laurie, I've been waiting for something like this for A WHILE!! TANKS!!

Josh, welcome to my blog! I know plenty of male heterosexuals that karaoke. You may have something with the dignity thing, but I think worrying too much about your dignity isn't much fun ;)
BTW - I tried to comment on your blog and that stupid word verification thing wouldn't let me.

Elizabeth said...

To quote Homer Simpson a la your husband: WOOHOO! My husband is going to be so excited about this.

Sylvana said...

Elizabeth, I've even begun thinking of planning a party at my house around this!

Derek Knight said...

And look at me, stuck in the dark ages, changing out CD+Gs.

Sylvana said...

Derek,???

Derek Knight said...

Syl: That confuses you? See, back in the days before this "online karaoke" stuff you speak of, us KJs had CD+G discs with "songs" on 'em. Folks would request songs and...

you get the idea.

Sylvana said...

Derek, oh, I never knew the techy part of karaoke. The karaoke that I have done, at bars and my brother's party, was all preloaded on a computer. I feel so new-school.

0 comments:

About