Sister Doin It for Herself

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 | 0 Comments

I was at work the other day and I felt a little too much jiggle in my wiggle, so I have started a new exercise routine. I bought a Gazelle a while back and it has made a great clothes drying rack; but, weird, it also makes a great exercise machine. Who knew?

Since I have an injury to be wary of, I am starting off slow and working my way up. I am starting by working 100 calories (~1 mile) a day for a couple of weeks. I want to be up to 500 calories (~5 miles) a day by my birthday.

Oddly enough, the day I started, I caught Oprah on late night. She was doing a show on aged beauties. There was a 70 year old that was more fit and active than me! The main theme was that the women stayed young by taking care of themselves mentally as well physically. I want to look and feel as good as they did when I'm their age (hell, even at my age!), so there is some extra motivation for me. And just like them, I'm doing it for me.

5 comments:

Derek Knight said...

do some crossword puzzles! Staves off the alzheimer's, I'm told.

And this is a prime time of the year to be exercising. All the cool kids are doin' it.

Lightning Bug's Butt said...

I'd sex an old chick if she were still hot and fit and whatnot.

Sylvana said...

Derek, I've been doing sudoku, does that count?

LBB, uh, I'll keep that in mind.

OldRoses said...

People tell me I look ten years younger than my true age. I chalk it up to exercise and staying out of the sun. So you go girl!

Sylvana said...

OldRoses, most people think I am ten years younger than I actually am, but every once in awhile I'll meet a person who mistakes me for being in my early 20s. Such nice, nice people.

0 comments:

About