Smashing Pumpkin Party

Sunday, October 15, 2006 | 0 Comments

I have lots of things to do right now that I am desperately trying to avoid.

I have tried to write a post about the weekend twice. Thought both of them sucked.

My friend J had a Pumpkin Party Saturday. It was a lot of fun. We all carved pumpkins and ate lots of really good food.

SSB gutting his pumpkin.

At dusk, we lined them up on her porch railing and lit them up. It was beautiful. Then we gathered around a bonfire and sang songs while J's husband played the guitar.

Yeah, they are hippies.

I brought home-made pumpkin pie and pesto pumpernickel. See, I had a "P" theme going. J's brother-in-law came up to me to tell me, "I have been waiting for your pumpkin pie all my life." He was oozing creep. Seriously, it took everything in me to not run from him.

Sunday, SSB and I installed a new bedroom door in the apartment. That was definitely the fastest that we have ever installed a door. I was impressed. And it is beautiful.

4 comments:

sands of time said...

That pumpkin party looks fun.Glad you all enjoyed it and great looking door as well.

http://pinklady.typepad.com/

Shannon said...

OH! That pumpkin party looks like soooo much fun. It makes me miss Wisconsin- I can almost feel a chill in the air.

This year I don't get to carve a pumpkin. :(

Lindsay Lobe said...

Folks celebrate with high-fives ?
Sculptured pumpkins watch with wide eyes
Pumpkin party looks oh so fine
Everyone hav’n such a good time ?

Eating pumpkins pie on your home turf ?
Dance with a fiddler for all your worth
Wisconsin pumpkins have no flaws ?
Dance to a turkey, a turkey in the straw ?

best wishes

Sylvana said...

Pink, thanks! We did enjoy ourselves.

Shannon, you could go old school and carve a turnip instead!

Lindsay, you would have been the hit of the party!

0 comments:

About