Happy 14.000 visitors! To celebrate (well, not really, but we'll just pretend that was my motivation) I finally got a couple of things done that have been lurking over me for MONTHS!!!

First, I finally paid off the contractor that I nearly killed on my front lawn about 5 years ago.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU TORE OFF MY 125 YEAR OLD TRIM, YOU ASSHOLE??!!
I must have scared the shit out him pretty bad because I didn't hear from him for three years. He actually waited until I went to Scotland to write my husband asking for the money, that chicken shit (er, the contractor, not my husband). When I got back from Scotland I told him that he wasn't getting squat from me until we figured out what the cost to fix our trim would be.

Last year we finally worked out a deal; but I never got around to paying him. And I felt guilty.

Well, not guilty enough to pay him obviously. But that's all taken care of now. Yay! I can drive down main street without ducking as I go by his office.

The other thing I just recently got done was my taxes. No. Not estimated taxes for 2006. My 2005 taxes. Yeah. I'm a bit of a procrastinator. For some reason, ever since we got the rental properties, it takes me until August to get the damn taxes done.

This has been on my nerves since April. And it was too damned hot to do anything else today, so what the hell? We cracked open a bottle of 2005 Little Penguin White Shiraz and spent about three hours finishing up the paperwork. I'm sure it's all accurate; well, at least it all makes perfect sense right now ;)

Don't worry though, I always get a refund, so there are no penalties. Just consider it an extra-long loan to the government. Next year will be my year for reaching the deadline, though.
I CAN FEEL IT!!!

16 comments:

DrMax said...

And hey, if you do get audited, you have your Little Penguin White Shiraz excuse in the bank.

Sylvana said...

DrMax, I'm sure they'd understand.

"AG" said...

With all of your blog vistors, you should consider AdSense. = )

sands of time said...

I don't feel so bad that i was late sending in my taxes now.at least you have it all done now.

http://pinklady.typepad.com/

Sylvana said...

AG, I saw your post and the money sounds great. Hmmmm.....

PinkLady, see, now that's why I openly admit my faults (or being a bit of a tard - that one's for AG ;), to make other people feel better about themselves!

Shannon said...

I usually owe (I do private contract work and taxes aren't taken out), so I hafta do mine on time.

Too bad you can't charge the gov't interest.

Irb said...

Congrats on 14,000, baby!!! At the rate I'm going, I should hopefully be celebrating my 14,000 sometime in 2010.

I'm always late on my taxes too, although last year was my first year to file as a contractor. I hadn't been paying my quarterlies, so I had to cough up the whole chunk at once. Which is why I've decided I don't want to be a contractor anymore. I just don't have the discipline or the sense of responsibility.

Sylvana said...

Shannon, I KNOW!!! that would be sweet. Especially if I could do it Haliburton style.

Irb, it's important to know your limitations.

Heather said...

14,000!! That's awesome. Congrats! I'm sooo jealous! :-)

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

The mental image of big tough contractor scurrying for cover as you came down on him cracked me up.

Sylvana said...

Heather, it's weird. It just doesn't feel as special as my first thousand.

Shamus, don't ever get on my bad side.

Derek Knight said...

but how many of those visitors were you?

Sylvana said...

Derek, ONLY 12,000! Geesh!

Wendy A said...

14000! How long have you been going on the blogging thing. Ya, you should have paid the poor contractor.Poor guy. You big bully!

Sylvana said...

Wendy A, I've had this counter up since Feb 2005 and have been posting to this blog since Dec 2004.
As for the contractor, "Don't rip off the trim" should be easy enough instructions for even a contractor to follow.

Elizabeth said...

I haven't finished my taxes yet. I felt so guilty and now I'm glad not to be alone. Phew!

0 comments:

About