The offer that the pharmacy came up with was to match the offer from the job offer on health, dental, prescription, vacation and sick days PLUS they are paying me MORE than the other job would have. I'm happy.

And I am now really worried all at the same time. I went in for the library interview today. I think it went really well. What if--

AGH! I can't even think about it. Surely my head will just explode.

Truly.

But what if they offer me the job at the library? Do I take it even as the pharmacy is struggling to try to keep me? Do I turn it down even though I have been waiting for this for 5 years? Do I once again try to figure out how to make BOTH of these positions work?

BLAMMM!!!

Well, there. Now I've gone and done it. My head just exploded and I didn't even get to the part where I ask you if I should be telling the pharmacy that I am up for this job at the library.

Eh, maybe tomorrow.

10 comments:

DrMax said...

If you looking for your ear, I think it landed over here.

Douglas Cootey said...

Congrats! We all should be so misfortunate to have two excellent job offers. ;) Good luck with the decision making.

Sylvana said...

DrMax, oh, thanks! My head just wouldn't look right without it.

Douglas, HEY! Nice to see you! It has been awhile since I have been able to make the rounds in the blogosphere and I finally popped over to your place yesterday, I think, but then I was interrupted. So you were going to be my first visit today. What a coincidence!
And thanks for the luck, because when it comes to making decisions, I need all the luck I can get! :)

Douglas Cootey said...

It seems all the regular commenters on my blog have become simultaneously busy. Must be the summer. I just posted a new blog a few moments ago, btw. Thu. is my target goal these days. Summer is playing havoc with any attempts to be regular for me as well.

Good luck on picking a job! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Derek Knight said...

there's nothing more troubling than having multiple viable employment offers. I mean, if one clearly sucked, or wouldn't work, it'd be an easy choice, right? I would say that, if you've been waiting 5 years for the library job, politely tell the pharmacy that you have to take it, they should understand.

sands of time said...

Just relax and wait and see.Then just do what you feel is right.

http://pinklady.typepad.com/

Heather said...

Maybe if you end up with both you can do it for a while and see which one is the better fit. Both jobs sound great! Good luck.

Sylvana said...

Douglas, "simutaneously busy" that had me giggling for a long time. Thanks!

Derek, I know! It's just crazy. It would be a lot easier if one would just suck already!

PinkLady, that's what I usually do; but still feel that I need to go through my fretting stage or I will throw off the balance.

Heather, you are right - they are both very good jobs. And I have worked both of them, so I know that either would be a very good fit. So it is really a matter of who I would least like to disappoint.

Shannon said...

What are you really looking for in a job? What would make you the happiest? What would challenge you enough to keep you interested? What would give you enough room to learn and grow?

Sylvana said...

Shannon, I want it all. Is that too much to ask?

0 comments:

About