Cosmic Connection

Monday, June 26, 2006 | 0 Comments

Thanks you all for being so supportive in this very difficult time for me. I know that you didn't know her, but I think that on some level we are all connected. Of course, some of us feel that connection more strongly than others.

This last Friday I got a call at work from a friend, Punky, that I haven't talked to since around New Year. She said that she just had an overwhelming feeling that she needed to call me. She even called me from work it was so overwhelming. When I picked up the phone I really had no idea who it was for the first few seconds because I would never expect a phone call from her at my work unless it was urgent. I was so glad to hear from her.

Saturday, when we got back from the funeral - within ten minutes of getting in the house, in fact - I got a call from my granma (see previous post). She had said that she had been thinking of me more and more over the last week or so and just felt that she needed to call me, she needed to hear my voice. Even though she was not as sympathetic as I might have needed her to be about the news that I had, I still felt the love and the deep connection that we have.

Around that same time, another friend of both SSB and mine, KT, from our first go-round in college, called. She said she suddenly felt herself thinking about us and hadn't heard from us in awhile. She felt like she needed to talk to us to check if we were OK.

Throughout my life I have noticed these strong, subconscious connections that people have with each other. Obviously some people feel these connections much stronger than others (twins are a great example), but I think that if people pay attention, they might notice more of these messages that other people send out.

My belief in this "cosmic connection" was definitely strengthened through this experience. And it is very comforting to know that even when there is nobody with you, you are not alone.

7 comments:

sands of time said...

Sometimes things like that can happen.

http://pinklady.typepad.com/

Lindsay Lobe said...

Maybe a form of consciousness where thoughts intuitively interact between us like emotional, mental, and spiritual “energy fields.” Maybe that consciousness you experienced is another field of energy, like gravitational, electric, and magnetic fields.
Have you ever thought where to do thoughts go? They don’t go anywhere, maybe they exist in perpetuity!! And when you delete an account on a computer or data, you cause that comment or data to be unable to be read, but it is still exists as a conscious thought!!
May the force be with you!!

Lyvvie said...

It's all true. It happns all the time with me where I think about someone and all of a sudden there they are.

Reasons not to think about ex boyfriends - ew.

Lightning Bug's Butt said...

Yep, you always have the bloggers.

Elizabeth said...

:-) The world is an amazing place.

DrMax said...

Take all the time you need Syl. I just took a few weeks off from blogging too. I didn't realize how much I was missing the real world, it was nice to ignore the computer for a while.

DaMiAn said...

Hi im far from understanding the mind and i never will but i am aware of things such as what you have mentioned....my mom will be thinking or just start talking off somebody and they will ring... I haven't experienced anything like you but by looking at peoples body language you can see mental bonding which isn't a consciousness thought. been with a partner, maybe lying on ur chest or been able to feel ur breathing, they mimic it, when you are walking down the street with somebody infront you sometimes mimic there pase and stride.

0 comments:

About