The Sky Is Falling

Friday, June 23, 2006 | 0 Comments

I realize that yesterday's post was maybe a bit too intense and morbid for most people, so I thought that I would try to lighten it up a bit.

I was trying to get ready for work when I saw that our little dog Neo had peed on the floor. I was already in a bad mood and running late and now I had to take care of this. I attempted to clean it up but when I tried to move something out of the way a big pile of papers fell right into the puddle of pee.

I picked up the papers and was going to just toss them over about two feet. Instead I found myself chucking them across the dining room. Then I locked myself in the bathroom for the few minutes I had left before I had to go to work.

When I came out, SSB was there waiting with all my things together. I grabbed everything and headed for the door. As I crossed the threshold to go outside something cold and gushy hit me in the head and landed on my arm. It felt like I had just been hit with Jell-o.

I said, "WHAT THE FUCK!" and looked down to see a gray tree frog spread-eagle on the steps. I bent down to touch it to make sure it was real. It leapt away.

I started laughing. I turned to SSB and asked, "Do you know any omens about getting hit by a frog as you cross over a threshold?"

J suggested that it was K trying to cheer me up. Well, it worked.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Yesterday's post was just fine. I definitely believe that K was having her way with you this morning. I'm glad you're the kind of person who notices those little things.

DrMax said...

Yup, a tree frog is definately somebody having fun with you.

Shannon said...

:)

"AG" said...

That's hilarious! It's also comforting to think it's from K. :)

0 comments:

About