Toe in the Water

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 | 0 Comments

The election may be in the fall, but the Republicans are already testing the waters for none other than Tommy Thompson to run against Herb Kohl to be the next WI US Senator.

Wanna know how I know? I just got a research call. The kind where they ask, "If I told you that Herb Kohl voted against your constitutional rights, specifically your second amendment right to bear arms, would that affect your opinion of him?"

Most of those questions were way less insinuating than I was expecting them to be. Most I told her would not increase or decrease my opinion of Kohl. The worst one was asking how my opinion of him would change if I knew that he voted for partial birth abortion. I told her that would most likely increase my opinion of him. She asked why. I said because it would show that he has balls to stand up for himself.

Would I vote for Tommy Thompson if he ran. I used to like him, but he's tainted to me now that he was Bush's lap-dog.

But, he did get fed up with the Bush camp and left.

Eh, I would have to do more research, I think.

If he were running against Feingold -- FORGET IT!! I love Russ!!



She asked if I was familiar with Tim Michels.

Er, no.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHO TIM MICHELS IS?! she asks as if he's Brad Pitt.
Why did she even ask me if she was so sure that I should know who he is? I told her if he was anything like that last dickhead that was ran against Russ, my opinion of him would be L-OOOW!!

I had her giggling through most of the interview. I was kind of wondering why she was working for the Republican party. Maybe it is that thing that she has for Tim Michels.

5 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger Heather said...

I don't know who any of the political people are in my town except the mayor and that's only because my boyfriend's son has his autograph on a shirt that's hanging in the bathroom!!

February 16, 2006 4:03 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

I love that he's got the autographed shirt, AND he has it in the bathroom.

Our mayor was a trouble making barfly. He had to go to court a couple of times for his drunken antics (one involving an alley fight with a baseball bat - he had the bat) and I think once for an incident when he wasn't drunk (that we know of) that involved a downtown shop owner and a snow shovel (or something like that).

He wasn't a very good mayor.

February 16, 2006 7:13 AM

Blogger Otto Man said...

Does Tommy T. still have that bad dye job? It looks like he dipped his head in wood varnish.

February 16, 2006 9:23 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Otto Man, I haven't seen him lately, but I agree that he had a bad case of helmet-hair.

February 17, 2006 4:40 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

OMG! Tim Michels IS the dickhead that ran against Russ in the last election!!!! Sleazy, lying, little SOB!!

February 17, 2006 8:41 PM

0 comments:

About