First, I would like to inform everyone that Blogger was having some difficulties on Saturday, so you may find that your comments were eaten from my previous post if you left them on that day.

I also had a new post eaten.

Completely.

It is not even in my archives. That really sucks ass. Blogger, you suck!


But I can forgive you, because this weekend also rocked because of you.

SSB, JD and I had our very first meeting of a real live blogger!! Shannon, of The Shannonosphere, was in Milwaukee this weekend, so we drove the 5 hours down to have dinner and hangout with her. Totally kicked ass!

I was a little nervous about meeting her. But, then I realized that I was being silly. I am always meeting new people and have often hung out with complete strangers and had a great time. And it's not like Shannon is a complete stranger. I have gotten to know her fairly well over the last year. She was one of the first bloggers that I found that interested me.

And of course my intitial fears were indeed unfounded. We met at her cousin's house before dinner. Shannon, her cousin and her aunt were very extremely warm and inviting. It felt as if we had always known them.

Her cousin's house was AWESOME!! It definitely left an impression on me. I will be using some of the same ideas in my house for sure!

We ate at a local African restaurant/bar. The food was delicious and the conversation never stopped. They were playing Live Aid '85 on a projection screen and we had a great time making fun of all the 80s dos and clothes.

Ah! The 80s! Mullets, parachute pants, geometric patterns, shoulder pads, and tons of gay people that at the time we didn't know were gay.

After dinner we went back to her cousin's and hung out until about midnight talking.

It was a fabulous time! Lots of laughing, collective ranting, and getting to know everyone. It was definitely worth the 5 hour drive.

Now I can't wait to go to VEGAS!!


SSB, JD, Sylvana, and Shannon


P.S. Shannon reminded me a lot of SSB. Reserved in a way that evoked wisdom. She was much more extroverted than SSB though. She had a great sense of humor. Plus, she was super cute! Just look at her!

24 Comments

Blogger sideshow bob said...

How could anyone have known that Elton John, Freddie Mercury and George Michael were gay?

HOW, I ask you?!?

February 05, 2006 9:18 PM

Blogger Shannon said...

SSB- I do believe they were all on the same stage together at live aid, sans mullet.

I had such a great time and will post my pictures (I guess it's the same picture, come to think of it!), etc, once I stop being so damn cranky. (Stupid 5 hour layover in Minneapolis, gosh!)

BTW- The next day my aunt spoke at legnth about how great she thought JD was.

February 05, 2006 9:59 PM

Blogger "AG" said...

That is a wonderful pic! Sounds like a great time!

February 06, 2006 5:31 AM

Blogger Lindsay Lobe said...

Hi Sylvana
Sounds like you had great time.

Not sure if this little rhyme expresses it very well or is accurate for that night ....but here it is !!


Journey of a blogger is where your mind has been
Journey of a blogger is the comments you have seen
Journey of a blogger the new fun roads ahead
Journey of a blogger is to share your daily bread

So she drove off to celebrate a first new bloggy date
Viewed the stately mansion in its glorious estate
Off to celebrity restaurant 4 bloggers kindly boast
Their glasses raise in honour as Syllogism first toast

February 06, 2006 6:08 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

SSB, hindsight IS 20/20!

Shannon, you COULD have gone to the Science Museum!!!

AG, thanks! Her cousin took it. I cropped it to what you see though. Shannon was already pre-cropped. I'm not sure what her cousin was going for.

Lindsay, I'm sure Shannon's cousin would be delighted that you refer to her home as a stately mansion!

February 06, 2006 8:01 AM

Blogger sideshow bob said...

I don't think this picture does Shannon justice. She's even cuter in person.

I'd describe more about how cute she is, but that's probably not an appropriate subject for me to discuss on my lobster's blog.

February 06, 2006 8:52 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

SSB, hey, facts are facts. If someone is good looking, that's what they are. Besides, beauty/cuteness should be admired and enjoyed.

February 06, 2006 9:22 AM

Blogger Neo said...

Sylv - Oh yeah, I know what you mean. My readers had trouble commenting too. Blogger tried to eat on of my drafts, but I saved it to a notepad document.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

February 06, 2006 10:52 AM

Blogger sideshow bob said...

Sy, If I had to guess, I would've thought our other dog would have a blog;)

February 06, 2006 11:21 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Neo, it was SO ANNOYING!!!!! I was beginning to think that I was going crazy, so, don't take this the wrong way, but I am glad to hear that it wasn't just me.

SSB, yeah, I think that he would have a lot to say. A lot of paranoid things, that is. It'd be like reading a blog of the guy portrayed in A Beautiful Mind.

February 06, 2006 11:36 AM

Blogger Astrid said...

Blogger eats post? Did no one feed Blogger? Does it still have enough water left?

February 06, 2006 12:28 PM

Blogger DrMax said...

Since you're meeting fellow bloggers, just follow 94 west until you almost get to Seattle. Take a left, we're the white house with blue trim, last on the left. Oh, and bring some beer.

February 06, 2006 3:14 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Astrid, I think that Blogger ate enough to keep it full for awhile anyway.

DrMax, we are planning on going out to Seattle some time in the next few years. When we do, we will be sure to bring you some Leinie's right from the brewery!

February 06, 2006 6:42 PM

Blogger Lightning Bug's Butt said...

So Blogger copulated with you. You popped your cherry. Welcome to the club.

I do all my posts in WordPerfect, then cut-n-past to Blogger. I think of it as my blogging prophylactic.

February 06, 2006 6:47 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

LBB, I thought about doing that, but I like to do the preview thingy. I will preview, change, preview, change, preview, post, look at it on my blog, then change, preview, change, post...

I think I might try that though. At least then I would still have the main post.

February 06, 2006 8:27 PM

Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

You're giving us nerd bloggers a good name by actually interacting in person with other humans.

You guys are brave.

February 06, 2006 10:37 PM

Blogger sands of time said...

You all great in that pic.I've met 2 blogger friends in real life and ive found we've got on really well.I think when you read someones blog regularly you actually know them fairly well.

February 07, 2006 9:52 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Shamus, I've found that there are people worth hanging out with - even if I need to scour the internet to find them.

Pink Lady, I think that is true. You might even get to know them better since they might be more candid on their blog.

February 07, 2006 9:02 PM

Blogger pastamasta said...

Hurrah! I'm all in favour of blog-mates meeting up, I shall be doing similar in the not-too-distant future so I'm glad to hear your meet was such a smashing success!

February 08, 2006 10:58 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

PastaMasta, their blog should give you a really good idea of what they are like.
Hope your meeting is also a smashing success!

February 08, 2006 7:53 PM

Blogger OldRoses said...

That JD is cute. Better keep a close eye on him!

February 09, 2006 1:49 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

OldRoses, he's not only cute, he has charisma. People flock to him - especially girls!!
He's a perfect gentleman, though. Yeah, we raised him right :D

February 09, 2006 5:22 AM

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Great picture!

February 10, 2006 6:26 AM

Blogger Sandy said...

I think that is great that you meet up and had a good time. If you are ever in my neck of the woods I would love to hook up!

February 11, 2006 10:06 PM

0 comments:

About