Sweet 15

Monday, February 13, 2006 | 0 Comments

This February 15th marks the 15th year that SSB and I have been together.

[hold for the "awe"]

We met in our first go-round of college. He had seen me around but had never talked to me, until one day he overheard a girl on my floor complaining about my giant, rabid sewer rat.

A cute girl with a giant, rabid sewer rat? Now that was a girl he couldn't resist wanting to meet.

So he plucked up the courage to come to my dorm room to inquire about said sewer rat.

He was disappointed that it was just a cute little, brown, fluffy house mouse; but he wasn't disappointed in getting the chance to meet me.

We became fast friends. I liked his sense of humor and he liked mine. We had lots of fun together; but it wasn't until a month after that first meeting that we began dating.

There was a Day After Valentine's Party at a fraternity that we both enjoyed hanging out at. The house was co-ed and full of all the artsy thinking type. They were having the party the day after because Valentine's Day fell on a Thursday that year.

We were part of a huge group of friends that all went to the party together. We had lots of drinks and lots of dancing and lots of fun.

At some point in the evening I pulled my friend outside to ask her what she thought of SSB. She said that she thought he was nice and funny. That's when I decided that he had boyfriend potential. He was unlike any other guy that I had dated and the fact that I was even asking her meant that I was interested.

He picked up on my shift in interest and by the end of the night we had our first kiss. And 15 years later, I'm so glad that I found him --

or, really, that he found me.

26 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger "AG" said...

Awwwwwwwww x 10,000,000!

That really is sweet!

]

February 13, 2006 9:07 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

AG, sweeter than TWO Medium chocolate Oreo Blizzards?

February 13, 2006 9:07 PM

Blogger DrMax said...

Syl, you can not be serious. You actually fell for that tired old, "I'd like to see your sewer rat" line?

Seriously, happy 15 you two crazy kids and cheers!

February 13, 2006 9:30 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

DrMax, aw shucks! He said it in such a cute way, I couldn't resist! ;)

February 13, 2006 9:57 PM

Blogger evilsciencechick said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWE!!!

I was thinking the same thing about the sewer rat line. hehehehehe...you want to see my sewer rat? I'll BET you do!

I had cute little mice pets in college, too, but no cute, funny, sweet guys with boyfriend potential ever knocked on my door.

but still...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWE!!!!

February 13, 2006 10:53 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

ESC, I can't help thinking that it was fate that brought us together.

February 13, 2006 11:02 PM

Blogger "AG" said...

Well, a Blizzard is a fleeting thing, so you have it beat!

February 14, 2006 6:37 AM

Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

Happy anniversary!
May you grow old together listening to "Muskrat Love" replacing the lyrics with "Sewer Rat".
:-)

February 14, 2006 7:48 AM

Blogger sands of time said...

That is so sweet.
happy valentines day

February 14, 2006 8:35 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

AG, I guess that, and love doesn't make you fat... although there are theories.

Flubberwinkle, Thanks!! That would make for quite an interesting song!

Pink Lady, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

February 14, 2006 8:56 AM

Blogger sideshow bob said...

I promise we'll always be together, whether we're fighting off zombie aliens from another dimension, or blasting through the arid alkali flats in a jet powered, monkey navigated craft constructed of space age materials reverse-engineered from the crashed ships of the alien zombies from another dimension...

We should go to the movies tonight. They don't have a zombie movie playing uptown, but they do have one with George Clooney...whick I know is like comparing a giant sewer rat to a gentle house mouse, but still...

February 14, 2006 1:29 PM

Blogger Otto Man said...

Adorable.

February 14, 2006 4:29 PM

Blogger Irb said...

Awwww! You guys are more adorable than a big teddy bear stuffed with kittens and puppies and Precious Moments statues and being hugged by fat little freckled child in a cowboy hat and sunglasses while a baby seal looks on adoringly! Also, he has a lisp! The child, not the seal. Oh, screw it. They both have lisps!

Anyway, you're more adorable than that.

February 14, 2006 4:45 PM

Blogger Wendy A said...

15 yrs and you still like eachother. You must be soulmates.

February 14, 2006 5:00 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

SSB, I could so see us kicking some serious crazy alien zombie ass together!!

What's our monkey pilot's name?

Otto Man, thanks.

Irb, I don't know Irb, that sounds pretty adorable!

Wendy A, like each other? No we ADORE each other!! There's really no one I'd rather spend my time with.

February 14, 2006 7:43 PM

Blogger sideshow bob said...

We have two...Mr. Teeny and Whiplash.

February 14, 2006 8:18 PM

Blogger Lightning Bug's Butt said...

Now that's just the sweetest thing.

February 14, 2006 9:43 PM

Blogger Randi said...

very sweet!! and happy v-day!!!

February 14, 2006 10:06 PM

Blogger Shannon said...

What a wonderful story!!!!!!

And I am able to testify how great they really are together. Congratuations.

February 14, 2006 10:10 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

SSB, I think we should let Mr. Teeny do the regular driving and save whiplash for emergencies.

LBB, we are recommended against by 9 out of 10 dentists.

Randi, thanks! I LOVE V-day!

Shannon, thanks. We all had a lot of fun. And we are already trying to figure out when we can come out to Vegas. My sister is going out this fall. I'm checking to see when, we might tag along.

February 14, 2006 10:31 PM

Blogger The Doc said...

I may not care for Valentime's Day, but I do care for good stories of romance and anniversaries. So this I say: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY you two! May Mr. Teeny never steer you wrong.

February 15, 2006 1:17 PM

Blogger cookie christine said...

Ya think if I got a giant, rabid sewer rat I could land a man as nice as SSB?

February 16, 2006 2:37 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Doc, Thanks! It's that Whiplash I don't trust!

Cookie Christine, perhaps that is the key. Also, knwoing what you are looking for doesn't hurt.

February 16, 2006 4:30 PM

Blogger OldRoses said...

Does SSb have any brothers? No sewer rats but I have a giant cat!

February 16, 2006 11:31 PM

Blogger Sandy said...

Ahhhhhh.....

February 19, 2006 8:46 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

OldRoses, yeah. He's about seventeen. I could tell him you're interested if you like. ;)

Sandy, :D

February 19, 2006 9:48 PM

0 comments:

About