In Like A Lion

Sunday, March 05, 2006 | 0 Comments

Boy, am I in a GREAT mood!! I get fairly excited about seemingly simple things, so bear with me.

First, my position at the library was scheduled to end in less than two weeks, BUT I was asked by the director to extend my position. Of course I said YES, PLEASE!! My position now doesn't have a definite end date, so I could be working there for months more. YAY!! I love working there. My coworkers are fantastic and the work is just up my alley. Hopefully they will continue to find new reasons to extend my position there.

Second, I have not gotten much training at my pharmacy job. I am in charge of accounts receivable and insurance. I felt like a bumbling idiot for the first month, but I am finally figuring it all out -- on my own, I might add. And my employers couldn't be happier, it seems. They keep telling me what a "gem" I am. They also introduce me to other people as their "gem". I'm just so giddy to know that I am living up to, and perhaps even beyond, their expectations.

Third, I was planning to go to my brother's house this weekend because they got loads of snow last week and I am really jonesing for snow. But, I was too damn lazy to get it together to go. So I was so excited this morning when the snow started coming down like crazy! YAY! SNOW!! JD is excited too. It means sleding, snowmen, snow forts, and money for shoveling snow.

Fourth, I got the best cookware set! When I was visiting my sister the weekend that we went to see Shannon, I got to use her new cookware set from Wolfgang Puck. I made turkey hash (which was FABULOUS, by the way). I always have some trouble with the potatoes sticking, but they didn't in these pans. They are stainless steel with an aluminum sandwich bottom for even heating. Very fancy looking, and I thought they would be out of my price range -- she paid $180 for them. Well, I found them at S-- er, the-bigbox-warehouse-store-that-shall-not-be-named for albout $100 LESS! I broke them in this morning and am ecstatic. I needed to get rid of my teflon pan. I was always suspicious of that stuff.

Fifth, I am pretty sure that I have taken care of that template eating thing. It was a corrupted code in my template. Whew! What a relief!!

AND, speaking of computer problems that have been rectified, I have been having, um, ISSUES with my left click button for about a month now. I seriously was thinking about getting a new computer! Stress level on a scale of 1 to 10 was 20!! Yesterday, I ran AdAware and Spybot because my computer was acting funny, and one of those two found a tracking cookie call DoubleClick. Since I have gotten rid of that, I am not noticing that left click problem anymore. It may be too soon to celebrate, but I am in such a good mood, I just can't help it!

And lastly, but certainly far from leastly -- I had a perfume that I had worn for about 15 years, but the makers quit making it about 4 years ago. DAMN!! I always got compliments on it. Strangers would always come up to me to ask me what I was wearing because it smelled THAT good. I had worn it for so long, it had become part of who I was. When I found out that they had quit making it, I cried. Seriously. Since then I have been trying to find a replacement. The closest I have come is Sunflowers. It is OK, but just not the same. Well, yesterday, we were at Shopko getting lightbulbs, chocolate and a parmesan shaker*. I was suddenly compelled to take a look at the perfumes. And I found one that I so far am just thrilled with! It is from the same company that my original perfume came from -- Parfums de Coeur. It is their knock-off of Tommy Girl called Babe. A beautiful, light, sweet, floral scent. I LOVE IT!!

Now I'm off to go play in the snow. YAY for me!! March IS my month, ya know.


*Yeah, we have really weird shopping lists. I call them our McGyver lists.

16 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger sideshow bob said...

Finally, snow freakin' snow!

March 05, 2006 10:02 PM

Blogger DrMax said...

Your snow covered tiki torches and mention of ShopKo really took me back to the good old days Syl. Glad you are having a great March, hope the rest of the year follows suit.

March 05, 2006 10:57 PM

Blogger Wendy A said...

I really need new cookware. I met WolfGang Puck. He is really arogant. I imagine those pots and pans are good because he could really cook.

Have fun in the snow. I hope the rest of March does keep going so well. It's nice to have a lucky streak once in a while.

March 06, 2006 4:50 AM

Blogger "AG" said...

I miss snow! Maine is lacking!

I hate when things I love are discontinued. That's great that you found a replacement!

March 06, 2006 6:24 AM

Blogger Elizabeth said...

You get so much done it's shocking. Two jobs, cooking, gardening, blogging... how on earth do you manage?

Congrats on it all coming together, and on the beautiful cookware (of which I am most envious).

March 06, 2006 7:20 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

SSB, they say that March is the snowiest month so I am hoping that it lives up to that!

DrMax, I bet to some, snow-cover tiki torches look very strange. I was thinking about Shopko being a Wisconsin specific store when I posted this, so I'm glad that you got something from it!

Wendy A, you certainly lead a very interesting life! I aspire to lead even half the life that you have.
I liked WP's cookware better than Emeril's because he didn't feel the need to slap his name all over them. I'm guessing in his line of work, arrogance is one of the requirements!

AG, I thought your part of the country got a bunch of snow this year. I still want to go to my brother's. They got around a foot of snow and they only live 2 hours away.

Elizabeth, I run my own business, and I used to go to school too! I like to get things done. Like they say in Tuck Everlasting - "You don't have to live long, you just have to live."

March 06, 2006 8:23 AM

Blogger sands of time said...

Sounds like you have lots to celebrate there.Personally i hate the snow.Probably because we get snow for 6 months here.
June

http://pinklady.typepad.com/

March 06, 2006 10:09 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Pink, it starts getting cold and snowing around the end of October and doesn't end until the end of April, so technically we get 6 months of winter - just not a whole hell of a lot of snow! Some parts of Wisconsin get lots of snow all winter though. I think that we are in a weird microclimate because of all the large rivers that join up here.

March 06, 2006 2:08 PM

Blogger OldRoses said...

Lots to celebrate! Good for you. Your shopping lists aren't any weirder than mine. My grocery store carries EVERYTHING so I have very loooooong lists. It's great being able to to do all my shopping in one place.

March 06, 2006 11:14 PM

Blogger "AG" said...

No, we're below normal and when we did get snow it melted the next day. :( We didn't get hit by the big blizzard.

March 07, 2006 3:48 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

OldRoses, I like the one-stop-shopping for its convenience, but I also like the specialty stores for their uniqueness. Uh, not that the-bigbox-warehouse-store-that-shall-not-be-named is a specialty store or anything.

AG, aw, that's too bad. We really haven't gotten a good snow in a really long time -- like years. Just lots of snow/melt and freezing rain -- junk basically. Nothing you can do anything with and nothing you think to yourself, "Yay!" about.

March 07, 2006 8:16 AM

Blogger cookie christine said...

maybe if you start sleeping with someone at the pharmacy, you'd get more training and a raise.

March 07, 2006 2:09 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Cookie Christine, they're all women, but I'll still keep that in mind.

March 07, 2006 6:23 PM

Blogger Lindsay Lobe said...

March is "busting out all over" for you Sylvana

Best wishes

March 07, 2006 8:34 PM

Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

You're so energetic and bubbly! I love your "McGyver shopping lists".
:-)
Have a great March!

March 08, 2006 5:53 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Lindsay, thanks. I can't wait until my garden starts waking up. That's another reason I get so optimistic in March.

Flubberwinkle, aw shucks! You are so nice! Thanks!

March 08, 2006 8:23 AM

0 comments:

About