wait a minute. That saying couldn't have been more true yesterday!!

This was my garden yesterday after my family and I cleaned it up for the spring. We had a beautiful 60 degree weekend. It just felt like spring was on its way.

That was until later that night. Around 8pm, just 3 hours after I took the first picture it began to snow.

And snow.

AND SNOW!!

We got over a foot of snow -- probably closer to 18 inches.

The power went out all over town, including the library where I work. But I still went in and hung out with the few workers that also managed to make it in. We drank coffee & tea and chatted until the power came back on over an hour later.

Then it was off to my other job. I thought I was going to get lost on the walk there. The wind made it almost impossible to even see as it whipped the icy snow at me, and the only places to walk were the ruts in the road made by trucks that managed to get through and even then it was difficult walking and deep with snow.

At my next job it was so slow that I actually finally got caught up on the growing mountain of work! I'm so excited to finally see the bottom of that pile!! Woohoo!

AND my boss bought lunch! Yeah, I love working there.

I helped a guy get his car out of a snow bank. He had been sitting there for ten minutes and no one would stop to help him, so finally I offered. Less than 30 seconds after I got behind the wheel to drive while he pushed, a car load of guys jumped out to offer to help get my car out. It wasn't MY car! But I was glad that I could use my feminine wiles to help out a dude in distress.

When I got home SSB and I went for a walk to the bank to make some deposits and take some pictures along the way. Well, the bank was closed due to the weather -- bummer-- but I got some cool pictures.




















What did we get at DQ? It's SSB's birthday tomorrow, so we got an ice cream cake of course! Here's SSB next a snow pile in the middle of the road.


We had Batman cake and hot cocoa for dinner. Mmmm....

11 Comments

Blogger Irb said...

The Republicans down here have a similar motto. "If you don't like the weather in Texas... go back where you came from."

March 14, 2006 1:29 AM

Blogger OldRoses said...

I can't eat ice cream when it's cold outside but the cocoa sounds good!

March 14, 2006 2:00 AM

Blogger Elizabeth said...

BATMAN CAKE! Awesome.

And it seems you need to get the spam protection up on your blog... sadly.

March 14, 2006 4:49 AM

Blogger Lyvvie said...

I love the cake, drooling!!

But those spam mails are vile - I'd report those to blogger. They'll prolly not do much, but - really. Kids lovely birthday cake, pictures of snow and....

We had snow at the weekend and it was Great!! But, someone murdered my snowman - how MEAN!

March 14, 2006 5:01 AM

Blogger "AG" said...

Snow! And DQ! And I wasn't invited!

March 14, 2006 5:07 AM

Blogger "AG" said...

Oh yes, I wanted to show you this

March 14, 2006 5:08 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Irb, yeah, I like to tell that to all the Floridians and Californians that come here and complain that it is too cold. WHAT THE HELL DID YOU EXPECT??

OldRoses, when you are from Wisconsin, it's always time for ice cream!!

Elizabeth, just ignore the spam and it will go away. SEE?!! It works! All gone.

Lyvvie, DQ ice cream cake is my FAVORITE!! I'm getting one for my birthday too. Which is a couple weeks from now.

Get a picture of that snowman!! SSB collects snowman pictures. Especially the murdered ones.

AG, we thought of you. Does that count?

I'll see if I can't send some of this snow your way so the plow drivers families won't go hungry.

March 14, 2006 8:24 AM

Blogger Shannon said...

I was at first surprised that you walked home with an ice cream cake (in Vegas you can't even drive one home) without it melting...this must be what it feels like when people come to Vegas and see slot machines at the grocery store.

I love days like that, when the weather turns everything upside down and you can just sit back and drink tea and eat ice cream cake with people.

Everytime I see pictures like these, it makes me long for a colder climate...I'm crazy. I know.

March 14, 2006 11:09 AM

Blogger DrMax said...

Syl, ya gotta stop with the photos! You're making me all homesick for those great spring snowstorms.

March 15, 2006 3:31 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

DrMax, I know! Isn't it lovely?

March 15, 2006 8:12 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Shannon, you can live vicariously through me.

And speaking of local things that throw outsiders off:
*In the woodsy areas of WI they sell liquor at K-Mart.
*In Canada they sold beer and wine at McDonalds.
*In Maine they sold lobster at the gas stations.

March 15, 2006 9:53 AM

0 comments:

About