Coffeet

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 | 0 Comments

The reference from the last post about the dirty sock water coffee comes from a delightfully raucous animated series called "Rocko's Modern Life" specifically from the episode "The Emperor's New Joe" in which the Cameleon Brothers open up their own coffee shop and it is a huge snooty, artsy hit. Rocko goes there for some of this famous coffee and declares that it tastes like dirty sock water and almost lets the cat out of the bag - because it IS dirty sock water!!

I absolutely ADORE that series, and would have it on DVD in a heartbeat - if they would actually put it on DVD. It's a conspiracy I tell you!

Speaking of coffee, the coffee that I ordered is now in transit via UPS. Three more days until...

MMMMMMMMMM!!!!! COFFEEEEEEE!!!!

And it is supposed to be enough to make 42 full pots of coffee, so I will be in coffee heaven for awhile! :D


GO HERE TO ENJOY SOME LINES FROM ROCKO EPISODES

GO HERE TO ACTUALLY SEE AN EPISODE!!!! Thanks SSB! I suggest "Fortune Cookie".

9 comments:

evilsciencechick said...

oh! rocko's modern life! I LOVED THAT CARTOON!

and I remember that episode now. D'OH!

Sylvana said...

ESC, there was an online petition to get Rocko on DVD. I signed it last year, but I guess that hasn't helped. Seriously, what is wrong with Nickelodeon??

Shannon said...

::gasp:: I never saw Rocko's modern life. I should be ashamed.

sideshow bob said...

Nick is owned by MTV...that's the problem.

And you're welcome!

Sylvana said...

Shannon, enjoy an episode at YouTube! I have some on VHS, but I don't know if there is a player that can run them. That VHS recorder was kind of funky.

SSB, YouTube rocks!! Thanks!!

Ron Nasty said...

I has seen a couple episodes a while back when they used to show it on Nick when Connor and Cody would stay over. Tom Kenney, who also does the voice for Spongebob did the voice for Rocko. Yes, I am into cartoon voice actors.

sands of time said...

I remember my kids watching Rocko when they were little.

http://pinklady.typepad.com/

Michael Manning said...

ROMASANTA SENT ME: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

Sylvana said...

Ron Nasty, I didn't know that. I love SpongeBob too. But I don't think it is as good as Rocko.

PinkLady, I'm just a big kid myself.

Michael Manning, so sorry so late on the welcome, but thanks for the B-day wishes!

0 comments:

About