Working It Out

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 | 0 Comments

Well I sent an email to my friend:
Hi Punky,
I was really disappointed that we weren't able to get together for Thanksgiving. I was really looking forward to seeing you again and finally seeing your place. In fact, I had pretty much planned everything else around my visit with you just to be sure that we could get together. It seems that almost every time that I try to get together with you, something comes up. I think from now on I won't be able to make plans ahead of time to get together with you. If we can get something together on the spur of the moment that would be great, then you would know if you are ready for a visit. Also, in the future, if we are supposed to meet and something comes up, please call me as soon as you can so that I can make alternate plans of my own. I'm not sure when we will be up there next, but I will be sure to let you know. I can't guarantee that I can get together with you, but if you have time and I don't have anything else planned, I'd love to come and see you and your family.

Hope that things went better for you after T-Day. Sounds like you had your hands full.

Talk to you later!
Sylvana

She wrote back apologizing, which is good and I already knew that she was sorry that things had not worked out. But she also seemed to imply that I should be more understanding. I don't think that I could be more understanding.

I mean to stick by my decision not to make advanced plans with her. I hope that she understands.

--------

On the job front, I talked to my old boss and she has had reduced time approved again which means that I can get my old job back. It would only be for a few months, but that would give me enough time to find another job. It is only part time, but the pay is good, so I think that we can get by even if I can't find another part time job.

There is actually a full-time job coming open there soon. I'm hoping that they'll get that job open before my temporary position ends. That would be perfect! I felt very comfortable working there and the people were wonderful.

-------

We are planning a bowling party for JD's 13th birthday. Well, he already had his birthday a week ago, but who wants to go bowling on Thanksgiving?

I can't believe that he is officially a teenager now. Eek! I feel so old! Although, when we tell people how old our son is we always get the same shocked look. Yeah, I know, we don't look old enough to have a 13 year old. And you know, I'm not complaining! :D

I don't think that we will have a lot of the problems that others have with their teenagers. I already see that he is a lot like me when I was his age. That's a good sign. My friends referred to me often as "Mom" since I was the voice of reason during times of idiocy and immaturity. I'm not saying that I didn't get into trouble ;) but I generally was a good kid. And he is too.

9 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger Dr. Who said...

Your friend seems she got the message... Your email was very well-balanced and right on the target I think...

Rarely can I hold of myself so well! Usually I say what I think right away (which is bad) but most of the times I don't regret it (which is good!) since it saves me from more hassle in the future... Whatever works for everybody ;)

December 01, 2005 12:42 AM

Blogger Dr. Who said...

Oh!!! And happy birthday for JD!

Should I ask how many girls are coming to the party? (heheheh)

December 01, 2005 12:43 AM

Blogger nope said...

Very well-done e-mail to your friend! Congrats on saying what you wanted to say (and needed to say) while still leaving possibilities open.

Yay on the job ... as you've written before, things happen for a reason.

I know what you mean about the age of children - I met my stepdaughter when she was 11, and she's 19 now; it seems hard to think of her as a 19 year old. 19!!! Good heavens!

Have a great day! When do you start your new old job?

December 01, 2005 8:48 AM

Blogger ORF said...

Happy Bday to JD!!!

December 01, 2005 10:24 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Dr. Who, thanks! If I start a confrontation right away I always end up in attack mode because I am still too hurt. It is hard to wait and tell people once you have calmed down, because the longer you wait the less likely you are to say anything. That is why I love email. I can get out what I need to say and edit out any attacks that might pop up.

I think that at least half of JD's friends are girls. Would that look odd, a bowling party of one guy and ten girls?

Indiaiynke, thanks! It didn't even take me that long to write. Usually if I am angry I have to re-write for hours to get it just right. So I really don't think I was angry, just resolved.

I wouldn't actually start the job until January. That will really bite into our holiday. In years past, I wouldn't care because I didn't like Christmas, but I started a new tradition a few years back that I will hate to not take part in.

ORF, I'll let him know.

December 01, 2005 11:01 AM

Blogger sands of time said...

I think that email was good and you've made a good decision.
Hope your teenager has a great time bowling.

December 01, 2005 11:34 AM

Blogger Shannon said...

I think the email was a very diplomatic and mature solution. Bravo!

Ah! 13! Happy birthday JD!

December 01, 2005 1:36 PM

Blogger sideshow bob said...

Those shocked looks on people's faces when they find out our ages get sweeter each year.

Yay! I'm visitor #8000! And, as we all know, big, important looking numbers that end with more than two zeros mean something, right?

December 01, 2005 2:07 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Pink Lady, thanks!
JD has been bowling with us several times and gets better everytime - but maybe the girls could show him some moves!

Shannon, thanks! I'm sure that we will get things worked out between ourselves, and if we don't - well at least I tried!

SSB, 8000 baby! Thanks for helping me over the top!

December 01, 2005 2:55 PM

0 comments:

About