I have not had much time to do anything lately. The last four days I have spent trying to get my new subscription of Norton Security + Password Manager to work on my computer. It was extremely frustrating!! It is times like this that make me really miss my Mac. I never had trouble installing new stuff on my Mac. In the end, I really could not tell you exactly how I finally got the damn thing to work. I tried a bunch of trouble shooting suggestions I got off the internet and performed a spell consisting of a long string of expletives and magically it just did what it was supposed to. Why does it need to be that hard? Was it that Bill wasn't able to steal the really good stuff, or is it because he just doesn't give a shit?

My son had a play the last two nights. He was just supposed to be part of the set crew, but he actually became the set! He was a cloud, and a damn fine one at that. After the play he came up to meet us - followed by an entourage of girls. There had to be a dozen of them and they all wanted his attention. "JD! JD! JD! You did such a great job! The clouds were the best part of the play! You were an awesome cloud, JD!" It was simply amazing. I can only imagine what this will be like in a few years. I'll have to keep him locked up!

I'm counting down the days until Thanksgiving. It is one of my favorite holidays. Wintery outside, warm inside, full of good smells and sounds, and that wonderful feeling of fullness after stuffing yourself. And everyone is so full of tryptophan they just are too tired to fight.

I do miss having my brothers and sister and their families around at Thanksgiving, since I am an only child now, you know. Well, actually, you know that I still have brothers and a sister, but my dad refuses to admit it. He thinks that they have done him too wrong for them to be acknowledged as his children any longer. And they aren't too happy with his treatment of them either, so I'm sure that we won't be having all the family together for the holiday for quite some time. Oh well, on the bright side, at least that guarantees me and my family an actual bed in the house and not just floor space in a hallway!

10 Comments

Close this window Jump to comment form
Blogger DrMax said...

I'll have some pumpkin pie and an ice cold Leines Red if you please Syl. (Since you can't have your real family over, have a virtual Thanksgiving with your cyber family).

Sorry about 'puter problems. Windows is a fine operating system and I'm sure COUGH *GetAnotherMac* COUGH you'll have things running fine in no time.

An entourage of girls? In a few months JD has surpassed all the female attention I recieved through Jr. High and High School.

November 20, 2005 1:08 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Dr. Max, I forgot to say that I will be spending Thanksgiving with my parents. But pumpkin pie and Lienes with my cyber buddies does sound very appealing. In fact, I will probably be hitting the Leines pretty hard during this holiday!

November 20, 2005 1:25 PM

Blogger Wendy A said...

I loved Thanksgiving too. It was my favorite. I haven't been living in America for so long (almost 20 years) that it now passes by without a thought. I should get a turkey and celebrate it this year. Thanks for the reminder.
Imagine what a hottie your son is going to be if he gets an speaking part.

November 20, 2005 9:42 PM

Blogger nope said...

I read last week that Symantec's earnings fell in the last quarter. If I'd thought about it, I wouldn't have been surprised. Their software is starting to cause more problems than not, and their (paid) customer service is laughable. And this is coming from a die-hard Peter Norton fan from way back.

My beloved man and I discovered Thanksgiving dinners from Whole Foods Market a few years ago. The first year we went totally vegetarian, but after that (even though it was most excellent) we've gone traditional. It is so very very nice to go pick up our complete meal and bring it home to enjoy. Absolute heaven. I should say it's just the two of us - I asked a number of years ago that we opt out of Thanksgiving AND Christmas with his family, so we have our own little holiday together.

November 20, 2005 9:55 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Wendy A, there is just something about all the traditional Thanksgiving foods all together in one meal that is both luxurious and comfy at the same time. They should be enjoyed once a year by everyone, I think.

Indiaiynke, I hate it when really good stuff goes bad - like Dodge vehicles!
I hated Christmas until a few years back when I started my own tradition which I posted about here.

November 21, 2005 8:40 AM

Blogger sands of time said...

Well i hope you have a great thanksgiving.sorry you had some software problems i hate that.

November 21, 2005 8:57 AM

Blogger cookie christine said...

i can only imagine how cute a cloud JD must have been. you should post some pics!

November 21, 2005 3:58 PM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Pink Lady, although Thanksgiving is usually a happy holiday, with my family, you can never tell.

Cookie Christine, I am waiting for the DVD that my boss is burning for me of the video I shot using her camera- I'm hoping that I can get some shots from that.

November 21, 2005 6:39 PM

Blogger Shannon said...

Go JD!!

I'm glad your back blogging. Have a great Thanksgiving!

November 23, 2005 8:37 AM

Blogger Sylvana said...

Aw, thanks, Shannon! I'm Thankful for that! ;)

November 23, 2005 8:47 AM

0 comments:

About