Garden Picts

Monday, July 30, 2007 | 0 Comments

I know how you all love pictures of my garden, and since I spending so much time there instead of blogging, I thought I could at least bring you on a short tour of it.

The first two pictures are from late June.

This angle of my garden always produces the most full, lush looking shots of my garden and it is the side of the garden that I see the least of.

I love delphinium, and this year, despite the nasty drought that we are suffering, they have been doing quite well. I think the plum tree I had JD dismantle this spring was holding them back.

The next two pictures are from last weekend.


This picture reminds me how I need to finish painting the trim on my house! I do love this sunflower. I almost yanked it out a couple of times because I thought it would get too big for the spot, but I'm glad that I didn't. It ended up being short and full of flowers!

This is our pear tree. We've had it for two years and, boy, was it happy this year! I had already reduced the fruit by 1/3 by the time that I took this picture. I can't wait until they ripen. They are the best pears that I have ever eaten - like candy.

This year is definitely shaping up to be my best garden year ever.

8 comments:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Your garden looks like a little bit of Paradise. Way to go! :)

Evil Spock said...

Your garden looks awesome. Soooo jealous.

Sylvana said...

Mrs. L, it definitely has become a paradise!

Evil Spock, thanks. This is the first year that I thought that too.

"AG" said...

I LOVE your garden! I'd do anything to have one like that...except gardening. :P Do you have black flies out your way?

Sylvana said...

AG, a lot of other people feel the same way. I actually have my neighbor coming over all the time telling me that I should give up gardening because it too much work!

We have gnats (A.K.A "no-see-ums"), which are nasty little critters that bite painless (most of the time) but leave you with blood dribbling down the back of your neck and a big itchy welt that lasts for a few days to over a week. Sometimes their bites even swell up my lymph nodes, making my neck all lumpy and painful.
Same thing?

Shannon said...

Seeing these pictures just remind me of how my chili peppers, so full of hope, died.

"AG" said...

Ew! Black flies aren't that bad, unless they bite. They do stalk my hair for some reason, though. Even if I take a walk one will follow me the whole way, bouncing on and off my head!

Sylvana said...

Shannon, aw, I'm so sorry to hear about your peppers! I was looking forward to the harvest.

AG, the gnats will crawl into your hair to bite your scalp leaving big, painful, weepy lumps.
I HATE GNATS!!!

0 comments:

About