Super Seven

Sunday, January 28, 2007 | 0 Comments

Happy Birthday Shannon! And in honor of your birthday, I will actually do this meme for you.


1.Name a book that you want to share so much that you keep giving away copies:

When my grandma died, my dad took it really hard. He had always been very close to her. He felt she was one of the very few that understood him and I'm pretty sure that she was the only person in the whole world that he actually trusted. She had died in his hands while saying her last words which made it even harder on him. Someone recommended to me the book "Embraced by the Light" to help ease my grief over her death. It was written by a woman who had supposedly died and came back. The way she explains what life is about and what happens when you die made a lot of sense to me and made death, and life, a lot easier to take. I gave a copy to my dad. He loved it too. It really helped him with his grief and it is one of his most treasured books now.


2. Name a piece of music that changed the way you listen to music:

The Cure: Staring at the Sea Singles. I used to kind of think of the music as being background for the lyrics, but with this album I heard the story in the music.


3. Name a film you can watch again and again without fatigue:

The Nightmare Before Christmas - duh! I used to watch that movie EVERY DAY! I love it so much that I put the whole movie on audio tape so that I could listen to it in the car. I have seen it over 200 times.

BEST.MOVIE.EVER.

4. Name a performer for whom you suspend of all disbelief:

To tell you the truth, I'm not quite sure what this means, but my answer is Tori Amos. She's the greatest, so SHUT UP!


5. Name a work of art you'd like to live with:

Most pieces from Van Gogh. He rocks!! My world is much like most of his art: full of color, texture, emotion, light, and large sweeping motions.


6. Name a work of fiction which has penetrated your real life:

IT by Stephen King. I was reading it one summer and all these really weird, scary things started to happen to me. The further I got in the book, the weirder and scarier things got in my life. I got to the second to the last chapter and had to stop reading the book because the weirdness had become too scary to continue. Once I quit reading the book, it all stopped. I'm afraid to ever finish it. That book is evil.

He's the best writer EVER!

7. Name a punch line that always makes you laugh:

"Again". It's just so subtle, yet hilarious. "Bill got his hand stuck in the toilet, again."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the bday wishes! You've got great answers and you're right- that punchline "again" is f'n hilarious.

sideshow bob said...

You forgot to mention how your mom took the copy of Embraced by the Light that you gave to your dad and underlined all of the passages that she liked.

Anonymous said...

TRUE STORY: I love "The Stand " by Stephen King and while I was dating my wife, I told her that she needed to read it. I had two copies, so I gave her one and I decided to read it again with her.

During the time we were reading it, we both got so sick. Noses running, coughing, etc. It was almost like we caught the Super Flu.

Needless to say, it freaked both of us out.

Sylvana said...

Shannon, what I really love about that punchline is that it can make things funny that are normally not funny.

SSB, my mom can be so inconsiderate.

Tayster, I think that he has a way of tapping into your psyche so deeply that he can actually affect your real life. Now THAT'S a GREAT (and SCARY) writer!

0 comments:

About