I am finally done with floors!! (For a while, anyway. SSB and I agreed to help out a friend put in flooring in her duplex to get it ready to rent out). We finished our office floor and the other bedroom floor in the apartment. Here are the before and after of the apartment bedroom floor #2.


Such an improvement, huh? That carpet looked MUCH WORSE in person. So if you think that it looks bad in the picture, just be glad that you didn't have to see it up close!

AND, we finally got the apartment rented!! Yay!! Now I can get back to more important things, like blogging.

JD had his 14th birthday. We had the party at the bowling alley again. The kids just love that. I don't have a picture of his DQ cake since we took the pictures on *gasp* 35mm! and haven't got the damn things developed yet. But here is a picture of what we had on his birthday a week after the party:

I made the pie from scratch, even the crust is from scratch. No canned filling either. I cut up the pumpkin and seasoned it myself. It was YUMMY!

My mom put the candles on. He's not 8, he's 14. I think she was just going for a symmetrical design using what few candles she had on hand.




Why do they let John Madden on the air. He is a completely irritating person. "I will talk a lot about absolutely nothing and circle everything."

We're not getting a WALMART!!! Those bastards. They have been pushing to get into our little town for a couple of years. Most people do not want one here, but the city planners were salivating over the prospect. I personally think that the planners must have been offered kick-backs to let them in. But, it doesn't matter because the DOT stepped in and said no-way to putting a stop light on a new 4 lane highway project that was created to allow for faster commutes and Walmart didn't want to wait over 5 years for an overpass.

I got my own bowling shoes! No more paying to wear grubby communal shoes! And aren't they adorable? You can't tell by this picture, but the off-white smooth parts of the shoes are actually iridescent.

I bowled pretty well too. I got the highest series of our team tonight.



NaNoWriMo turned out to be NaNoWriNo. I did get almost 3,000 words written, but that is a far cry from the 50,000 that were needed. Oh, well. There is always next year; and it is very good motivation to write.

10 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats on finishing the floor! Looks great. I wouldn't even know where to begin making a pumpkin pie from scratch! Well done. And the shoes ARE adorable. :)

The Doc said...

I think that 3000 words are acceptable with your involvement in the flooring saga (which looks very good!). I'm glad you're enjoying your bowling; not a huge fan myself, but I can see the potential for fun-times-having.

Sylvana said...

Heather, and they are comfortable.

The Doc, "flooring saga" - that had me laughing.

OldRoses said...

I made a pumpkin pie from a pumpkin once long ago. You're absolutely right. Nothing comes close to that yummy taste! I make my own crusts too but they aren't as pretty as yours.

AG said...

Those shoes are HOT!

sands of time said...

Belated birthday wishes to JD.
Great job on those floors as well and i love your bowling shoes.

SierraBella said...

OMG, I'm getting rid of the exact same carpet next week! Already ripped it out myself, so I could paint.
I'm doing new carpet, but just love your wood floors!
Belated wishes to JD.

Scott said...

Well don't keep us in suspense.... what was your bowling score?

Sylvana said...

OldRoses, I learned how to pinch the crust edges from my grandma.

AG, we actually talked about how much you would like them when I was purchasing them!

OL, thanks. I can't believe how big he's getting.

Sierrabella, I remember you saying that you had some pretty awful carpet. I couldn't imagine that carpet ever being "in style" enough to be found across the country!

Scott, you know, I can't remember what my high score for the night was, but my series was 375.

Wendy A said...

Flooring look fabulous. What an impovement.

Those shoes are adorable.

0 comments:

About