The peeps gather at the top of a cliff high above the prairie. It is rare to see a peep in this environment, as peeps tend to stick to lower ground; so a group of peeps this high in the rocks is quite a treat. What are they doing? Feeding? Gathering for mating? They seem to be quite excited.

Oh, my! This is horrible! One of the peeps has fallen over the edge in the commotion! What a horrible tragedy. The other peeps are now huddling to the edge, peering at the demise of one of their own. Peeps are quite social animals and there have been observations of possible mourning of the de--

Oh, dear lord! Another has fallen to it's death! And another! And another! The peeps in a sudden turn of events have begun hurling themselves off the top of the cliff! This behavior has never before been documented in peeps!

One by one, the peeps leapt off the cliff to end up in a bloody pile on the rocks at the bottom. We can only guess what could cause behavior such as this in otherwise seemingly healthy peeps. Perhaps they became confused. Perhaps there was an illness in the herd whose symptoms are not yet visible. Perhaps they share a common ancestor with the lemmings. Whatever the reason, it is a shocking and difficult thing for anyone to witness.

13 comments:

evilsciencechick said...

you are a freak and a half!




get help.


;)

Flubberwinkle said...

I hope no prairie peeps were hurt during the photoshoot.
;-D

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Funny, yet educational. You should teach young children.

Shannon said...

Briliant! Must be read with a faux-British accent!

cookie christine said...

why is it that they all look suspiciously like flacid phalluses?

it's a shame so many of them jumped off the cliff, as i'm sure they all had great potential.

Sylvana said...

ESC, I'm touched. That is such a compliment!

Flubberwinkle, er.... We'll at least be sure to give them a proper burial.

Shamus, I actually have taught young children. Kids love me. Parents are a different matter.

Shannon, I actually had Jeff Corwin in mind when I was writing it, but that British guy would work just as well!

Cookie Christine, I was trying to figure out what they reminded me of. I think that might have been it!

"AG" said...

OMG...Peep Blizzards!!

Lindsay Lobe said...

Thats the sort of thing my grandchild or any children would love to see . What fantastic peeps !! I run around our back yard and make up all sorts of stories about strange monsters etc, Putting someting like that up in the trees ......uuuum You have given me some ideas !! gum nut peeps
Best wishes

DrMax said...

Hee hee, good One Syl!

I personally prefer the white meat on Peeps.

OldRoses said...

That was hysterical! What did you use for "blood"?

Sylvana said...

AG, yes, then at least they would not have died in vain.

Lindsay, SSB and I did another one that I will post Wednesday.

DrMax, me too.

OldRoses, those are real, honest to goodness red peeps. They were the inspiration.

Elizabeth said...

Well, that was creepy. Another one! Another one!!!

Lyvvie said...

On a massive sugar rush aren't you. You are so.

So much silliness, I wish I'd been there.

0 comments:

About