Scary Phone Call

Thursday, April 16, 2009 | 0 Comments

I got a phone call this morning at 8am. I thought that it was either JD asking us to bring him something to school (maybe his chapstick ;) or it was someone from work (which RARELY happens, even when they really should).

It was my dad, and my heart jumped into my throat he sounded so sad. He started out asking me if I got his message yesterday. It sounded like he was going to cry. I thought, OH NO! SOMEONE DIED! I got choked up and prepared for the worst.

Nope, he just wanted to know if we'd be around this weekend, because he thought they'd come for a visit.
Like tonight. In about 9 hours.
Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Gahhhhh! I hate calls like that. Thinking that something may/may not have happened to my parents usually brings me to tears, so I avoid thinking about this topic at all costs.

Sylvana said...

Mrs. L, I'm terrible during sad movies or the news because I can easily imagine the people in the story being people that are close to me!!

Michael Manning said...

Glad it wasn't serious!

0 comments:

About