The Economy Finally Hits Me

Sunday, February 22, 2009 | 0 Comments

I know that the economy is crap, has been crap, is getting crappier by the day -- but to tell you the truth I didn't feel it until today.

Cost Plus is closing all the World Markets in Minnesota!! AHhhh!!

I almost cried. But, then it would be too hard to find the things that I'd like to get 40%+ off. I will let the comfort of my savings and acquisition of all these goodies console my grief.

I have been meaning to get the blue rimmed goblets and the stovetop espresso maker for some time - no time like 60% off time. The espresso maker works great too.

The green mortar and pestle and the infusion tea cup were 60% off. The carved stone appetizer service forks and the stainless steel dip cups were 70% off. And the beautiful glass candle stick holders were 75% off.

All these great savings and I can barely enjoy it.
Well, at least the ones in Wisconsin haven't closed. The nearest one, Madison, is on the way to my sister's house; so looks like I will be visiting my sister more often!

3 comments:

sideshow bob said...

Sucks!

Double sucks!!!

Shannon said...

My heart would break if all the Cost Plusses (?) closed in Vegas. It would be sad day- you have my sympathies.

Michael Manning said...

Hang on, though! My friends at ASU tell me by the 3rd Quarter we will start to rebound!

0 comments:

About