Conversations At Our House v.25

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 | 0 Comments

Driving back from the grocery store:

Sy: Go Speed Racer, Go!

SSB: Did you know that's going to be a movie?

Sy: Yeah.

SSB: Live action too. John Goodman is going to be in it. He's the dad.

Sy: There was a dad?

SSB: Yeah he was the guy with the mustache. Don't you remember him?

Sy: No. I actually don't remember much.

SSB: Do you remember his brother?

Sy: He had a brother?

SSB: How about the monkey?

Sy: Yes, I remember the monkey. Wasn't he the mechanic?

SSB: And the girl? There was girl, his girlfriend -- or was it his sister?

Sy: Oh, yeah I remember her too. But I don't remember dialogs or plots or anything else besides Speed Racer, the monkey and the girl.

SSB: Maybe John Goodman is his uncle. Didn't Speed Racer's parents die in a car crash? There was also a character Racer X. He followed Speed around getting in his business, but some thought he was his father.

Sy: If he was his father, why would he spend all his time following him around irritating him.

SSB: He was an asshole?

Sy: [as Racer X] "Speed Racer, I didn't actually die in that fiery car crash; I'm just an asshole."


** SSB and Sy actually don't know jack about Speed Racer, but we think our story is better than the original.

8 comments:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Heehee...that was cute. Hubbs and I have conversations like this too, except that he usually knows all the geeky trivia and I just look sorta dumb at the end of the discussion. :P

Evil Spock said...

Chim-Chim and Spreidel! That was the little bro and the monkey!

Magnum PO said...

http://www.sussexcountyonline.com/news/columns/cars/carreviews/images/mach5.jpeg

Live action, baby.

Sylvana said...

Mrs. Loquacious, I play up my ignorance as part of my schtick.

Evil Spock, Chim-Chim is an odd name for a brother. But that's the Japanese for you ;)

Magnum PO, welcome to my blog and thanks for the awesome pic!

Flubberwinkle said...

Thanks for the heads up on the movie.
I hope the actor is as dreamy as the cartoon character was... Yes, yes. I had a crush on Speed Racer when I was a kid. Isn't that normal?
;-)

Heather said...

When I was little I had a Matchbox car that I thought was the coolest thing ever and years later I was watching Speed Racer and went, "That's my Matchbox car!!!" I never knew...it kind of took the cool out of it for me. :P And your idea is GREAT!

hellbunny said...

Well since don't know anything either i'd believe anything you told me.

Sylvana said...

Flubberwinkle, ah, my blog is informative as well as fun.

Heather, when I was young I thought The General Lee was a cool car. Not now.

Hellbunny, excellent!

0 comments:

About