Cinco de Mayo!

Sunday, May 06, 2007 | 0 Comments

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

We celebrated the festive day by going for a walk around town to hear the springtime hoots and hollers of college kids excited about the end of another school year.

Sy: Ah! Cinco de Mayo - one of the drinking holidays.

SSB: Yes, we offer a generous benefit package which includes medical, full dental, matching 401, 2 weeks vacation, 11 sick days, and 15 holidays which include all the major drinking holidays.

Later we went to a free concert in town featuring Reel Big Fish, where Mike Doughty proceeded to give us all a short history lesson concerning the historic day - it was the day that the Mexicans beat the pants off the French and drove them out for good.

Sy: So it's not just a drinking holiday! Good for them!

SSB: Yeah, well who hasn't beaten the French?

Sy: Well, it was the day that Mexico got their turn.

Mike and his sidekick "Scraps" gave a pretty good performance even if the constant changing temperatures and relentless wind kept making Mike's voice crack. And I have to say - Mike looked NOTHING like I had imagined! I thought he was tall with a medium build with long dark wavy hair - but he was short and a little pudgy with short blond hair. He was a lot of fun, though. He reminded me of my group of friends from my first go-round in college. Those were some of the best years of my life!

Then we went home and made chicken fajitas and margaritas. YUM! SSB makes some pretty good margaritas too! I taught him everything he knows though.
We watch the Thursday night shows that SSB taped for me since I was still at work, and we finished off the night by watching SNL. They had a "Best of" show which was great! I never get sick of the "Dick in a Box" video.

What a great Cinco de Mayo!

7 comments:

Evil Spock said...

I went to the Derby and drank a Corona afterwards.

Heather said...

Mmm...chicken fajitas and margaritas! That sounds great!

Sylvana said...

Evil Spock, that works.

Heather, it was!

Shannon said...

I went to college with the girl friend of a member of Reel Big Fish. They had just become popular, and it was interesting to hear her side...I think they broke up? Hmmm, don't remember.

The Doc said...

My a cappella group does a Reel Big Fish song, "Where Have You Been?" We rather like doing it, but some of our audience members have had a bad reaction to it in the past, so we tend to shy away from it. Shame, though. Thinking about it makes me want to dig it out again...

sideshow bob said...

Shannon, was she the one telling him to keep his job until he started making money?

"well, I know you can't work in fast food all your life
but don't sign that paper tonight, she said,
but it's too late."

Sylvana said...

Shannon, was she talkin smack about them?

The Doc, I don't know if I have ever heard that song, but I do agree with the lyrics.

SSB, I wonder why he didn't play that song at the concert?

0 comments:

About